Where to send passport for Canada Visa stamping after receiving the email from CIC - Los Angeles or New York

laty

Hi all,

I applied for Canada TRV on Apr 17th 2013 online and today I received a message from CIC asking to send my passport to finalize processing the application.

I live in Nashville,TN so I am confused whether to send it to New York or Los Angeles as they did not mention where to send it clearly .

I heard Los Angeles office is taking less turn around time than New York office.

Please suggest me where should I send my passport . I really appreciate your prompt responses .

Thank you All !

Hi Laty,

I've applied for Canada Tourist visa online for my H1B stamping on April 19th 2013 but still have not heard anything yet from them. Is there any way to check the status of it? I've submission confirmation number with me.

Also, what did you put as purpose of travel? Did you upload I-797?

Thanks in advance

Hi Laty,

I've applied for Canada Tourist visa online for my H1B stamping on April 19th 2013 but still have not heard anything yet from them. Is there any way to check the status of it? I've submission confirmation number with me.

Also, what did you put as purpose of travel? Did you upload I-797?

Thanks in advance

Hi ,

No . There is no way to check the status of it. I just sent them a query for status through the below website.

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new%20york

H1b visa stamping and tourism as purpose of travel . Yes I did , along with passport.

Thanks for your reply Laty! I just received a message from CIC asking to send my passport to finalize processing the application now i'm also confused whether to send it to NY or LA. I live in Chicago, IL so thinking of sending to NY but some people say LA is faster. Do you have any information about the current processing time for these offices? Are there any other offices we can send to or just LA and NY?

Thanks for your reply Laty! I just received a message from CIC asking to send my passport to finalize processing the application now i'm also confused whether to send it to NY or LA. I live in Chicago, IL so thinking of sending to NY but some people say LA is faster. Do you have any information about the current processing time for these offices? Are there any other offices we can send to or just LA and NY?

You welcome ! Good to hear that you got a response .

I haven't received any info so I just sent my passport to NYC office. I hope it would not take more than 2 weeks.

We can only send it to LA or NYC.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived