sister in law visitor visa - very complicated issue

pyrimidine

I have a sis in law who is going through a very rough patch in her life. She is a young girl, married and is a house wife. She has one child (about 2 years old) but unfortunately going through the divorce. Mentally she is under extreme stress and I thought to call her here to visit us for couple of months. There are many issues she may face during visa interview, I am sure. Obviously she does NOT have any immigrant intent as she has a young daughter to take care of.

1. Can she get visitor visa coming alone without husband and a child? Especially she is young and not employed. PLUS

2. Her father will provide the financial support and NOT her husband.

3. She won't have a single document pertaining to her husband including bank statements, income tax returns, employment letter etc...

4. Though she is going through divorce but currently she is still considered a married woman with legal marriage certificate. WILL THIS HELP her getting visitor visa??

I know its a very tough situation and there are no straight answers but any suggestions will be very valuable.

Thanks.

it indeed is a very complicated issue and getting a visitor's visa would be pretty difficult situation...and if you mention anything about the 'D' word during the Visa Interview..then its a straight foward rejection as that person can settle here in the US as the kid is also just 2 yrs old, it would be the best opportunity (from the VO's point of view) for her to settle down here.

you might need to see an attorney.

• 4 months later...

Archived