Question about Loomis Center passport pickup in Canada

altaican

In Montreal/Ottawa/Vancouver, if the visa is approved and passport is delivered to the Loomis Center after 5-6 days, does anyone know if the passport will be kept in Loomis Center for a few more days after it arrives, or do we have to pick up the passport immediately as soon as it arrives in the Loomis Center (once we get the e-mail)?

What will be the address on the passport-courier which we pick up from Loomis? Will it be our U.S. (or current resident) address or our local hotel address in Canada?

I am planning to go for visa stamping in Canada in July. If everything goes well in the interview, I will be going on a camp in Canadian wilderness, and might not be back in Montreal/Ottawa/Vancouver for 10 days. In fact, the camp is the very reason I am going to Canada. I have been going there for last 2 years but this year I do not have return visa to the U.S., so I have to get the stamping done.

I don't have enough vacation from work to get the stamping done and then go for the camp. So trying to overlap.

If the passport is kept at the Loomis Center for a few more days after it arrives, or if it is mailed to my local hotel in Canada from the Loomis Center, then I shouldn't have any problem.

Otherwise I might have to come back to the city in between, which is somewhat inconvenient according to my current schedule in Canada.

In Montreal/Ottawa/Vancouver, if the visa is approved and passport is delivered to the Loomis Center after 5-6 days, does anyone know if the passport will be kept in Loomis Center for a few more days after it arrives, or do we have to pick up the passport immediately as soon as it arrives in the Loomis Center (once we get the e-mail)?

What will be the address on the passport-courier which we pick up from Loomis? Will it be our U.S. (or current resident) address or our local hotel address in Canada?

I am planning to go for visa stamping in Canada in July. If everything goes well in the interview, I will be going on a camp in Canadian wilderness, and might not be back in Montreal/Ottawa/Vancouver for 10 days. In fact, the camp is the very reason I am going to Canada. I have been going there for last 2 years but this year I do not have return visa to the U.S., so I have to get the stamping done.

I don't have enough vacation from work to get the stamping done and then go for the camp. So trying to overlap.

If the passport is kept at the Loomis Center for a few more days after it arrives, or if it is mailed to my local hotel in Canada from the Loomis Center, then I shouldn't have any problem.

Otherwise I might have to come back to the city in between, which is somewhat inconvenient according to my current schedule in Canada.

Passport Delivery Information

Depending on the relevant processes and requirements for the type of visa being applied for, the applicant may need to submit documents to the Consular Section. Additionally, all passports with visas will be returned to the applicant via courier service. These services in Canada are provided at no charge to applicants by Loomis Express.

Passport/Document Return to the Applicant

If your visa is approved, the Consular Section will send your passport to the Loomis branch you selected at the time of booking your appointment. Log in to your account to retrieve your waybill number.

To view the full list of Loomis offices click here.

General Process Overview

• Select Loomis location and complete the scheduling of your appointment.
    • The Loomis location selected will be listed on the confirmation email sent to you after the appointment is scheduled.

[*]Attend the appointment. If the visa application is approved and/or the Consular Section needs to return documents to the applicant, these documents will be sent to the Loomis branch that you selected during the registration process.

[*]Please click here for detailed instructions on how to retrieve your waybill number. To find the status of your documents you must log in to your account in our system and upon viewing the Applicant Summary page you will see your waybill number and the status of pickup availability. The document status information only appears after your personal documents have been returned by the Consular Section to Loomis for shipment to your selected branch.

NOTE: As the time it takes to adjudicate an applicant's case is at the sole discretion of the Consular Section, we cannot provide you any information regarding when your personal documents will be turned over to Loomis.

• Once the documents show as Ready for Pickup, applicant (s) must retrieve their documents within 30 days. Applicant(s) need to bring official identification (e.g. Driver’s License, Birth Certificate, Medical Card, etc) along with the waybill number to the courier location they selected during the registration process in order to pick up their documents.
  • If a third party is picking up the documents, the individual must provide ID as mentioned above and the waybill number of the shipment that is being picked up.

NOTE: Passports not claimed within 30 days of delivery to the selected Loomis location will be returned to the Consular Section.

Locations

http://csc.public.s3.amazonaws.com/us_content/Loomis_Locations.pdf

Archived