Visitor visa mothers last name different

sappu

I want to apply visitor visa for my mother.my mother is a employee and her last name did not change over the years.when I applied for my passport my father last name and mothers last name were entered same.

Now in my mothers passport she has her last name instead of my fathers last name.

What is the best possible solution for my problem?

Getting my mother last name changed in her passport or getting my mothers last name changed in my passport?

In similar instance, the applicant(s) should mention the other names used in the DS 160 - online nonimmigrant visa application form for the corresponding question - "If you have ever used other names (i.e., maiden, religious, professional, alias, etc.) please list them." If the applicant continues to use both maiden name and married name (change in the surname following marriage) in different documents, it is better to carry an affidavit explaining this. But if the applicant(s) given name has been formally changed, then s/he needs to carry the original / copy of the gazette publication confirming the name to the visa interview. The passport should reflect the given name following the formal name change, if not it is better to get this corrected.

• 1 year later...

Archived