Sponsoring Visitor visa while on L1 and then convert to H1B

xoom.5555

Hi, Currently I am on L1B. My H1B is approved this year in this year's quota. I am planning to sponsor Visiting visa for my mother this month. Will there be any additional process to validate the visitor visa after October 2013(i.e., after the H1B kicks off). Should anything change on visitor visa that their sponsor is currently on H1B but not on L1B?

Guest Noah Lotte

your situation (as long as it's legal!) makes no difference....remember, there is no such thing as sponsorship for tourist visas.

While applying for a B2 visa, the applicant(s) are expected to evidence the inviting friend / relative continues to maintain a legal status and carry relevant documents for the visa interview. Once the visa is approved, the change in the friend / relative’s legal status should not affect the valid visa and does not need any further validation. As you may be aware, all B2 visa applicant(s) are subject to the presumption of immigrant intent under Sec. 214(b) of Immigration and Nationality. The applicant(s) needs to establish strong family, financial and social ties to home country to overcome the presumption. In most occasions, the officer determines the application based on the information available in the DS 160 and what is transpired at the visa interview. They seldom verify the documents carried by the applicant(s). If you need further assistance in this matter, please feel free to consult with one of the Attorneys at Murthy Immigration Services Private Limited in Chennai, India. More information is available on https://www.murthyindia.com/.

Archived