221g pink slip in chennai

Techee

Hi All,

I am working in US based top most software company, with a valid 797A, since i did not came to India, i have not stampted the visa almost.

I came to Chennai for personal trip, during this i have attended my H1B visa stamping process in BEP.

Consulate officer asked me standard questions after that gave me a pink 221g on 1st week on April 2013.

As of now there is no progress in my case (it is still in pending processing).

I have contacted my employer and attorney, attorney said its now wait and watch..

Can some one share their experience on 221g from US based top most software companies?

Can anyone advise what should do?

Thanks and Regards

Hi All, I am working in US based top most software company, with a valid 797A, since i did not came to India, i have not stampted the visa almost. I came to Chennai for personal trip, during this i have attended my H1B visa stamping process in BEP. Consulate officer asked me standard questions after that gave me a pink 221g on 1st week on April 2013. As of now there is no progress in my case (it is still in pending processing). I have contacted my employer and attorney, attorney said its now wait and watch.. Can some one share their experience on 221g from US based top most software companies? Can anyone advise what should do? Thanks and Regards

Even the same case with me. Attended visa interview on Jan 17th - chennai - 221G white - no update as yet.

I have an unutilised H1b visa staped in 2008 but never been to US.

Hi Techee,

This could happen for many reasons. The most common one being a common muslin name (Mohammed, Ahmed etc). If that's the reason, no matter which company you work for, the only thing you can do is wait and let the back ground check run its course.

Others being your area of expertise, educational back ground, issues with your visa etc.

I had a 221g in 2006 due to the common muslim name and it took a while to come through. The process seems to have improved since then and the turn around timing is much shorter now. I have not gone for a visa interview since then, but have been following various forums. Now planning a trip later this month.

It will come through. Be patient and all the best.

Hi Techee,

This could happen for many reasons. The most common one being a common muslin name (Mohammed, Ahmed etc). If that's the reason, no matter which company you work for, the only thing you can do is wait and let the back ground check run its course.

Others being your area of expertise, educational back ground, issues with your visa etc.

I had a 221g in 2006 due to the common muslim name and it took a while to come through. The process seems to have improved since then and the turn around timing is much shorter now. I have not gone for a visa interview since then, but have been following various forums. Now planning a trip later this month.

It will come through. Be patient and all the best.

IUhoosier

I have a common muslim name too and went for H1-B visa interview in November 2012. Since then no update from the embassy neither did they ask for any documents. I am a full time employee and work for a NON-IT reputed company.

Not sure how long did it take back in 2006, but in these days in India I have seen some cases, particularly common muslim name folks having been stuck for maximum of year and a minimum of 2 months.

Just an FYI, before u plan for the interview since you have a common muslim name.

Good Luck

Hi All,

Attended VISA Interview today @ Chennai Consulate & was issued a Pink Sllip 221g.

Interview with VO went well but as i work for a Network Security company. VO asked me if i work on encryption/decryption ? The answer was yes.

VO said "everything looks OK" but please go to counter 31 issuing a pink slip 221g.

Person at Counter 31 asked for my Resume copy & said we will process in 4-6 weeks.

Please comment on my status? What is this situation like? What do they check with 221g Pink Slip?

sam

• 1 month later...

Archived