DS-160 question for my father-in-law B2 visa

raghu670

We are planning to invite my in-laws to USA this July to spend some time with my family. While filling DS-160 for my father-in-law, we are stuck about how to answer for one of the question.

Have you ever been rejected US visa?

My father-in-law was rejected for student visa in 1976 and 1977, and visitor’s visa in 1978. He hadn’t applied again until now. He doesn’t remember the reason for rejection either. He is currently retired, has two children in India (one unmarried daughter and one son studying 12th grade ) apart from my wife and also have property in India.

I do know that we need to answer Yes to the question but am not sure how to address the reason for rejection.

Can you please suggest how to proceed with this question.

Do you think these rejections 34 years earlier could impact his visa this time?

Thank you,

raghu

Can you please suggest how to proceed with this question.

Do you think these rejections 34 years earlier could impact his visa this time?

Just say yes and for the reason, if he remembers the reason then type it else type doesn't remember.

I am curious to know whether DOS has the 34 yrs old information.

Guest Noah Lotte

answer: 'Yes',....when? eons ago. those denials should have zero impact on a new application....(unless chakrakr knows better)....

answer: 'Yes',....when? eons ago. those denials should have zero impact on a new application....(unless chakrakr knows better)....

No Sir , you are God . YOU routinely say VOs will DEFINITELY deny visa to Single, unmarried female but VOs do not listen to you and Issue visa; YOU say School Summer Break is in July All over World and alas ! schools in other countries have their own policy (matching the seasonal cycle) ; YOU claim to have some sooper seecret statistics on what single unmarried females do after landing in US but you can never produce it ........

Someday you will probably say Sun Revolves around the Earth and ask us to believe .

You are God !!!

No Sir , you are God . YOU routinely say VOs will DEFINITELY deny visa to Single, unmarried female but VOs do not listen to you and Issue visa; YOU say School Summer Break is in July All over World and alas ! schools in other countries have their own policy (matching the seasonal cycle) ; YOU claim to have some sooper seecret statistics on what single unmarried females do after landing in US but you can never produce it ........

Someday you will probably say Sun Revolves around the Earth and ask us to believe .

You are God !!!

Forgot to add --- you also say a Professional in India earns $50 per month ! You seem to know EVERYTHING under the sun ... the only problem is --- often what you know and say is ****.

The non-immigrant visa application form - DS 160, is completed under the penalty of perjury and any mis-representation or suppression of material fact may lead to permanent ineligibility. The applicant should try to provide as much information as he could recollect on his/her prior visa refusal(s). In general, it is better to provide the consular post, visa category, refusal section, date of refusal (at least the year) and explain the reason if any that was explained by the officer. In most occasions, the officer determines the application based on the information available in DS 160 and what was transpired at the visa interview. Hence it is important to provide accurate information in the DS 160. If you need further assistance in this matter, please feel free to consult with one of the Attorneys at Murthy Immigration Services Private Limited in Chennai, India. More information is available on https://www.murthyindia.com/.

Archived