can we apply for colleges and transfer sevis during GRACE PERIOD

optimistic43

Hi,

Hi All,

I need your opinion/advice. This post may be helpful for all those whose h1b application is

not picked in lottery or h1b got denied. Add your opinions.

• my stem opt expires on june 17 2013.

• I had applied for h1b this year (masters+premium+california)

• my application picked in the lottery

• i got cap gap extension i20 from my college valid until sep 30 2013.

• i got RFE, asking below things

(1) prime vendor and client master agreement, ( I asked my prime vendor about this today

and he told that they cannot give the agreement to me.)

(2) purchase order till 2016 from prime vendor ( I currently have my purchase order until

2014 , march. I asked my prime vendor about this and he told that they can't give it til

2016)

(3) email conversations, pay stubs, id card ( these i can provide easily)

if my employer responds to rfe without (1) (2) on may 15 and if in the worst case, my h1b got

denied on may 24.

THEN:

my doubts :

• i will now have 60 day grace period (jun 18 2013 to aug 18 2013) and my cap gap extension

will be void(worthless) now.

CAN I APPLY FOR CPT COLLEGES IN THIS 60 DAY GRACE PERIOD and transfer sevis (jun 18 2013 to aug 18 2013) ??

if i can apply for a college and if i got i20 and if classes begin from sep 14, 2013

CAN I STAY IN US LEGALLY {from aug 19 2013 to sep 14 2013} ??

(my grace period ended on aug 18 2013, but i have new i20, my new college starts from sep 14 2013)

PLEASE ADVISE!! I had googled this issue but the answers were confusing!!

(1) prime vendor and client master agreement, ( I asked my prime vendor about this today

and he told that they cannot give the agreement to me.)

(2) purchase order till 2016 from prime vendor ( I currently have my purchase order until

2014 , march. I asked my prime vendor about this and he told that they can't give it til

2016)

(3) email conversations, pay stubs, id card ( these i can provide easily)

if my employer responds to rfe without (1) (2) on may 15 and if in the worst case, my h1b got

denied on may 24.

Your RFE clearly says that your employer applied for H1 without proper documentation, now you are in trouble for his mistakes.

CAN I APPLY FOR CPT COLLEGES IN THIS 60 DAY GRACE PERIOD and transfer sevis (jun 18 2013 to aug 18 2013) ??

H1B rejection is far better that lifelong ban. If you want to have that, then go for 'CPT colleges'.

There are NO "CPT Colleges".

An institution offering CPT to anybody is a fake university.

Forget CPT. Cut that acronym out of your mind.

Unless you want to get deported and banned for life...

An F1 is for studying, not for working. Forget CPT. It is dead. TVU killed it, and **** and ******* made sure it stays dead.

Archived