my dui impact on h4 visa

rkumaran444

Hi all,

I am on h1 visa and was arrested for DUI in Nov 2009 and fingerprinted. After that I paid the fine,did community service and the case was reduced to reckless driving. I have travelled twice in last 2 years to india and attended the h1 visa interview 2 times. I was refered to panel physician and the visa was granted in 2 months each time. My h1 visa is valid until Aug 2014.

Now I am getting married in Jul 2013, and my future wife has to attend the h4 visa interview.

1.Will she be asked any questions or documents about my arrest record in the visa interview?

2.Will she be asked any questions in port of entry, as I was taken into a seperate room and let out in 15 min at POE , last 2 times?

Please help me as I am worried if my wife will be asked any questions or I will be receiving any email to go to panel physian again.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Kumaran,

I am also reffered to the panel physician as I had a DUI.

Can I please get some information about it ?

What Actually the panel physician test for ?

Does the panel of physician directly send the report to the consulate ?

Why did it took so long for the VISA ?Is it the delay with the doctor or the consulate ?

What happened at the port of entry?

What are the things we should carefully keep in mind ?

Hi Kumaran,

I am also reffered to the panel physician as I had a DUI.

Can I please get some information about it ?

What Actually the panel physician test for ?

Does the panel of physician directly send the report to the consulate ?

Why did it took so long for the VISA ?Is it the delay with the doctor or the consulate ?

What happened at the port of entry?

What are the things we should carefully keep in mind ?

• 3 weeks later...

The  doc  will  do  some  general  routine  test  which  will  cost  15K  rupees  and then  he will also  refer  to psychiatrist  for   counselling  where  he will  ask  how  long  have u been  drinking,  will  u  do it again?  what  u learned  from the experience.

The doc  and psychiatrist will  send  their  report  directly to  consulate.  As  long  as  there  is no major  evidence  that u  have a drinking problem they will  grant the visa.

At  the POE  they  will take  you to separate room and let  you  go out in a few minutes, as  they have to  verify and make sure  you have no other major  arrest records. as  long as it is DUI ,  you  should  get back your  visa and  u  should be fine.

fateusAre you asking these questions because you  had  a DUI and  attending Visa  interview ur  self  or  u  had a DUI  and  ur  wife is  going to  visa  interview?
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey I was recently arrested for DUI , it's my first offense my BAC level was .10  case is in court ,but I have to go back to  India as my work is over here, so should I go ahead and feel guilty my attorney is saying it take 1 year for DUI cases to get resolve.

I have valid H1-B VISA till Oct 2014 , can any body say how it's going to impact me in future ..I heard that it will be very tuff for me to get USA or any other country VISA if I got convicted in DUI.

Please share your experiences as I am going through so much  stress phase of my life.

Archived