Visa Stamping & Passport for baby born in India while father in USA

v12

Hello All,

Me and my wife came USA on H1 and H4 visa respectively with employer A. My wife was expecting when we came USA and due to some health conditions she chose to travel back India and deliver the baby.

Meanwhile I got a better opportunity with employer B here and I joined them. My son is now 1 month old and we want to get his passport and visa, so that my family can come here.

Me and my wife both are having visa stamping valid till Dec-13. Now I am planning to visit India and bring them with me, please respond to my below questions:

1.What should we do to get baby's passport as eary as possible (wife's is in India and her surname is different on passport and I am in USA)?

2. Do we three of us have to take appointment with Consulate and get the visa stamping for new employer?

3. If our visa is valid till 2013 for employer A, then is there any way to get stamping for baby's visa only for new employer B?

4. Is it mandate that mother and baby both should have stamping from one employer ?

What should I do to expedite the process and get the passport and visa ASAP.

Please suggest.

Thanks

V

HI,

I think I may take 3 months from now to visit India and bring them, so by that time kid would be of 4 months. My queries basically are to initiate the process, and get an idea about what needs to be done.

I shall definitly appreciate if anybody can respond to my actual queries.

Thanks

V

1. Apply for the Passport and it should arrive in a few weeks.

2. If you want to. Your visa is valid till December with the new Approved Petition to be shown on entry. Your baby needs a H4 visa.

3. The H4 has NO CONNECTION to your employer. The baby gets a H4 visa based on your H1 status.

4. H4 has no connection to an employer but to your valid H1 status with ANY H1 employer.

1.What should we do to get baby's passport as eary as possible (wife's is in India and her surname is different on passport and I am in USA)?

--- Apply under Tatkal process. Look up Govt of India's Passport website for details

2. Do we three of us have to take appointment with Consulate and get the visa stamping for new employer?

---- You will need to take appointment for only your son. You or your wife can accompany him to the consulate (check conslutate website)

3. If our visa is valid till 2013 for employer A, then is there any way to get stamping for baby's visa only for new employer B?

--- Sure. Your baby will have stamping for employer B and you guys can have stamping with employer A

4. Is it mandate that mother and baby both should have stamping from one employer ?

--- Neither mother , nor child has a stamping through employer. Their visa is through you. As long as you do not change ( :-) ) their visa is not a problem.

Apply for passport and visa. Allow your child's doctor to advise on the proper time for baby to travel and your wife's doctor advise for her. Women recover and become comfortable with their roles over varying times; one may want to travel in 6 weeks other in 6 months. I do suggest that they travel back with you. A long trip (over even a short one) with an infant is possible but tiring if you have no one to share duties. I also suggest paying the fare for the child and traveling with a child safety seat. It is more comfortable and safer for you all.

Thanks Guys.

More views or suggestions still welcome.

Regards

V

Apply for passport online - that is much easier and faster. You can get the passport in 2-3 weeks (normal processing). Fod kids passport, there is no police clearance- so this will be very fast. Usually passport office needs your name endorsed in your spouse's passport (or vice versa). Then only they will issue the passport for the baby. I have known cases where people have travelled with 3 month old baby. However, you should consult the paediatrician for advise regarding this.

• 1 month later...

Hello V12,

I am actually looking for the same help. Now I got it clear information for your post.

Can you please let me know whether your wife travelled with your old employer visa and Kid travelled with new employers' via. Did port of entry people asked any thing.

I am expecting to bring my family next month as my wife and son are having old employers' visa. Applying visa for my daughter with new employers.

Please reply to this post, so that I will be confident.

Regards

nagam.

Archived