did anyone receive passport from canada NY consulate???

F12H1Bcanada

Winsome7 : when did u apply for TRV visa? My application reached to NY consulate on March 15th and I have changed my date to May 14th...I'm v worried abt this.. I'm not sure how long they will take to process.. Today also I have received same email

"In regards to your application for a Temporary Resident Visa for Canada, please note that your application has been received and is in queue for processing.

Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization. Should you wish to travel urgently and recover your passport, you may send us an email request to withdraw your application (include WITHDRAW in the subject line)."

Winsome7 : when did u apply for TRV visa? My application reached to NY consulate on March 15th and I have changed my date to May 14th...I'm v worried abt this.. I'm not sure how long they will take to process.. Today also I have received same email

"In regards to your application for a Temporary Resident Visa for Canada, please note that your application has been received and is in queue for processing.

Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization. Should you wish to travel urgently and recover your passport, you may send us an email request to withdraw your application (include WITHDRAW in the subject line)."

Hi,

NY canada consulate received my application on March 13th and MO was cashed on 26th March. Since then I am checking USPS tracking #, but no updates yet. I have an appointment on May 7th. Not sure I can able to make it.

Friends,

VO told me that the processing time is now 40 Biz days......he hasn't provided much info whether that 40 days is applicable from today (may 1st) or also for existing applications. He gave me only two options

(a) Withdraw with no refund

(b) continue processing and wait for the passport.

..I selected option (b) for time being and would wait for another week.

There is no clear pattern and each stream (in-person/mail/online) has its own problems. There is no clearing way of tracking regarding the application status and they themselves don't have a clear picture how long it will take them. ...

I am planning to go next wednesday......as a last chance...else i will withdraw.

Archived