All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TravelAdviceNeeded

Documents for GC after divorce

Hi,

I got my green card last November through my husband's employer. My husband has asked me for a divorce now. What all documents do I need to retrieve from his employer for my Green Card before getting divorced? Would it be possible to get original I-485 application from his employer? Should I also be getting original 140 as well? Please help.

If you already you have a GC in your possession, you should not need anything else.

During your divorce, your attorney can ask that the judge order you be given copies of documents yo should keep for future reference. That would be the best approach, IMO, rather than asking while you are negotiating your pending divorce. It is best to allow your attorney to deal with potentially hostile discussions.

The I-485, and EAD and AP for you are your applications. Everything else belongs to somebody else (your spouse, or his employer.)

You have the GC. You are fine as it was based on already being married to a EB based gc holder. You do not need any specific documents. You can file a FOI act letter and get copies of Immigration related documents if you choose.