Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ab65458

GC - IN and OUT of US

Recommended Posts

Kindly Advice,

My PERM was filed in Apr 2010 and it got cleared by Jul 2010, however due to difference in opinion on filing category EB-2 - EB-3. Employer was filing on EB-3 and I was insisting on EB-2 as i had 10+ years of experience then, I didn’t submitted documents to my employer for I-140 filing i.e.; form 8089.

Period of stay in US:

Arrived US on 16th Apr 2007 and returned IND on 14th Apr 2012 {on roll & actual flew on 18th Apr 2012 for tickets},

I have now returned to US on 9th Apr 2013 and on rolls since 10th Apr 2013 {Payroll}.

I have few questions on my case:

1. How much time is remaining on my existing H1B, Has the clock reset for next 6 years (Since i was out of country for 362 days)?

2. If not, Will it reset my cycle of new 6 years if i visit CAN for weeks’ time and travel back to US?

3. Is the old PERM still valid, can I use the existing Labor that was filed in Apr 2010? And employer can file I-140 on that?

Kindly input as i have few months left on my visa.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post

An I-140 has to be filed no later than 6 months after PERM approval. If that didn't happen, the PERM is invalid.

And the H1 resets only if you are abroad for a year and then get a NEW H1 under the quota.

Share this post


Link to post

1. Less than an year.

2. No.

3. NO.

You made an error and did not realize the USCIS decides the EB certification based on the requirements of the job and your qualifications.

Share this post


Link to post

Appreciate all your responses, I was insisting on EB-2 Category since the employer was filing EB-2 category for my colleagues with similar qualification and designation.

Please advise on the 3 options i currently see:

1. What If my current employer starts process again; Will that be of any help?

2. What if I decide to switch employer and request new employer(may be a desi) to file PERM, What are the possibility/chances for PERM & I-140 getting through in the time frame left? {audit etc}

3. Is option #2 advisable to try, being that I have loans to pay back in home country?

Kindly respond as if suggestion with option #2 flow in then I have less time to act.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post

YOU do not get to dictate filing category. Your employer's attorney is there to advise him.

Share this post


Link to post

forget about EB2/EB3...it takes the same time to process..getting a GC sooner will not make you land on the moon.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×