My Brothers Family B2 visa interview given Green 221 G

raomadan

Hi,

I wanted to Invite my Brothers family for 45 days for visitng us here in US and he went for a Visa interview yesterday to Mumbai Consulate. My brother is Lt. Cmdr in Indian Navy and with great effort he got Indian Gov clearence for 2 months visit to US. In Visa consulate the interviewer was very rude and she told him in the begining to keep the Doc aside and she was asking some questions and my brother had all supporting documents. But she is not ready to see that also he mentioned that the tickets are already booked and he will be staying from May 7th till 20th June only.

So I have a question he is given a 221 G Green slip with supporting documents

1. Invitation letter from research organization, supervisor or other invitation which he had but she didn't see at the time of interview.

2. Resume and 3 professional references.

3. Research or Publications

4. Names of all accompanying people (every one including his son attendand the interview)

5. Iternary also was there with tickets printout which she was not interested to see.

6. Who is sponsoring the trip (My brother had all my pay checks, tax returns and also other doc including my Green Card copy).

We will submit all these but generally what is the time frame and I didn't submit Form I-134 so will it help also I think she has not even bothered to see his Visa Catergory I think because he is just coming on B2 for Pleasure trip.

This Visa consulate officers really don't care and treat people with respect and waster so much time, money and energy for people and in the end give a meaningless reason. Specially in Mumbai Consulate people have to waste 2 days for Visa one for Bio Metrics and one for Interview.

Please any advice will be helpful.

Thanks

MADAN

Your brother should have self sponsored. It was foolish to book tickets before receiving visa; having a ticket in hand does not improve the chances of a visa being granted.

Many military - and former military - people have issues with visas to other countries. I have similar situations in my own family.

Someone other than the person conducting the interview must make the decision on complex cases. It would be a waste of time for the interviewer to review the documents once the AAP situation has been triggered. It was not rude.

Remember, he has no right to enter the US only the option to ask to be permitted to enter.

I understand...and its unfortunate that people from the Chennai and HYD Consulates...farmers get B2 visa but genuine people from other consulates dont.

Hmmm... so farmers are not "genuine" people. so, what is your definition of "genuine" people ? Those who fraud to get a GC ? I understand you have lot of hatred against people of some regions but spare the farmers ..... you get your food because of them !

Thank you all for the replies and also for t75's reply we booked the tickets because he has got Naval inteligence and RAW clearence just last 2 weeks back and also since he is serving office he has only till Jun 30th to return back to country so we just wanted to buy tickets and I thougth since he is working government employee he shouldn't have a problem.

Archived