H1b Extension Stamping from Ottawa on April 17, 2013 - 221g issued

StuckinOttawaApr17

@StuckinOttawaApr17

Pretty much the same case as you. Extension goes beyond 7 years and I-140 approved with the same company. Interview was on May 1, 2013. No docs asked. Just checked I-797's. Then asked for e-mail to reach me on. Issued 221(g) and said she'll get back in either 4-5 days, or could be couple of weeks or longer too. I asked what the problem might be, but was told there is no problem with the paperwork. So I have no clue what the 221(g) was issued for, possibly a background check?

Hi LGD_M13,

Did you get any update on your case. Can you pls send one mail to my profile id to discuss further.

I'm in need of your advise. Please help out !!

JZK..

JZK

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally on August 26, 2013 - I got the approval email from Ottawa consulate that my visa is approved and they need my passport as soon as possible. Reaching back to Ottawa from India took a while and I presented my passports to them on Sep 11. I came to know that it was a name hit for me that caused this 221g. Got the passports back with visa stamped on Sep 13 and now back to the US. Wait was tough but I think patience is key.

Here is my timeline:

Interview date:      April 17, 2013 - 221g issued

Clearance email:  August 26, 2013

Passport submitted: Sep 11, 2013

Visa received:           Sep 13, 2013

Back to US:              Sep 14, 2013 

Total of around 5 months .. phew ..

Archived