Can I select any consulate in India for visa stamping

arunbn

We are travelling to India on vacation next month and plan to get my H1 visa stamping done(7th year extn). When I went to the website to make an appointment after paying the fees through NEFT, I see that I can pick any of the consulates for appointment. However when filling the DS-160, it said Chennai post because my home state is Kerala. Can I take an appointment in Mumbai/Delhi instead because we will be visiting those places during our trip anyway.

Hi arunbn,

If you are travelling from US and getting visa stamped in India, then you can choose any consulate. I got my visa stamped from Delhi , even though my post was Mumbai. If you have date problems or any other questions, you can drop in a mail to the VFS mail ID , for confirmation.

Thanks,

RK

Thanks for the replies. I am planning for visa interview in first week of June. I have to go to Delhi anyway so was hoping I can do the visa interview at the same time. For Chennai I have to make a separate trip. TJ298, did you get your stamping recently? Just want to make sure rules have not changed. I sent a mail to the ustraveldocs.in support.

Thanks for the replies. I am planning for visa interview in first week of June. I have to go to Delhi anyway so was hoping I can do the visa interview at the same time. For Chennai I have to make a separate trip. TJ298, did you get your stamping recently? Just want to make sure rules have not changed. I sent a mail to the ustraveldocs.in support.

I got my stamping in 2011/2012. I was trying to look for dates in Mumbai, but I wasnt getting as the consulate was under renovation. So I sent VFS asking them if I can schedule it in Delhi and they replied affirmative. Also during my interview I was never asked why I came to delhi and not went to Mumbai. As I mentioned before, you can drop in a mail to VFS and get the confirmation.

Yes, he is the Arun from Massachussetts, now coming back to the main point, YOU CANNOT GO TO ANY EMBASSY because they WILL QUESTION you based on the HOME ADDRESS present in your indian PP !

But the home address in my Indian PP is my US address, since I renewed my passport here in 2010.

But the home address in my Indian PP is my US address, since I renewed my passport here in 2010.

Well if your home address is US address, then whats the problem :)

Technically speaking you are not bound to any posts in India, correct?????

Drop a mail my friend to the VFS office where you want to attend the visa interview

You might get different suggestions here, but thats the best source of info.

More over you will be having written proof.

RK

Archived