EB1-A or EB2-NIW or both at the same time?

AKP117

Hi,

Please evaluate my profile. Many people whom I asked about the possible category for GC application suggested both EB-1 and EB-2 NIW. So I am confused.

Graduated with PhD in Civil/Environmental Engrg. in Dec 2011 from a US University. Since then I am working as a Post Doc in the same lab.

My Phd work is from DOE funded project with significant national interest. My boss said he can prove that I fall in top 10% in my field with my research.

All graduate funding - from a research grant award given to me based on my credentials.

So far I have 4 journal papers published as first author

2 papers under review-first author

I have won a proposal award (national level competition) with myself as lead author from EPA student competition (EPA P3 Award), with published information about it in my university with my name and EPA website.

Presented at 6 international conferences-first author

2 peer reviewed conference papers-first author

2 posters at international conferences-first author

So far Citations-12

In my postdoc work with NSF funding, (with three top schools), I have been working on Education and Outreach activities with community college students and school teachers to take the research to the school syllabus level via demonstration of models to students and some research work.

Recently my outreach work has been featured among the four universities news letter and will be submitted to NSF.

I would need more information to be able to properly evaluate your case. 4 publications and 12 citations seems rather low for NIW or EB-1 purposes. What is your boss basing his assertion on that you are in the top 10% in your field?

Number of publications vary with field of study. It is common to have more number of publications for a particular stream of engineering than other. So my boss said that 4 publications is not considered less in my field considering the specific area that I work with. So he said we can prove that my work falls in top 10% category.

OP, Your advisor is not the appropriate person to evaluate your credentials with regard to immigration processing. Do NOT believe him over an attorney experienced with these types of filings. An attorney can also suggest to you a plan for improving your weaknesses to present a better case in the future.

Archived