Parents Visitor VISA Extension

prasad.c4

I have applied for Visitor VISA extension for my parents on 4/4/2013. Thier I94 is about to expire on 5/14/2013.The reason stated was for pleasure and they wanted to visit other cities in USA. they could not complete the visit due to winter weather.

Due to recent travels my mother had some health issue. She has Spondylitis and suffering with sever back and neck pain.Doctor suggested to take complete bed rest and prescribed physiotherapy for 10 weeks. He advised to avoid any kind of travel for next few weeks.

Now, as the reason of extension has changed, I would like to update USCIS of the change in reason for extension. Doctor is willing to provide written explanation of the situation so that USCIS understands the necessity of extension. Would this help me in getting successfull extension for my parents ?

Please advice and your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sai

I have applied for Visitor VISA extension for my parents on 4/4/2013. Thier I94 is about to expire on 5/14/2013.The reason stated was for pleasure and they wanted to visit other cities in USA. they could not complete the visit due to winter weather.

also..didnt you knew about Winter weather? why would somebody call their parents to see Niagara falls and Grand Canyon during Winters...you were lucky that you were granted an extension for the first time..based on that reason..Strike 1 you were lucky. Strike 2 is going to be difficult.

hmmm...a double extension..you are better off approaching an attorney for this..usually they do not grant 2nd extension..but since the reason is understandable, they might.

Thanks for your reply. This is first extension only and it was filed on April 4th 2013. 10 days back. It is still under processing. I have filed this via ELIS. Now, with recent developments, the reason for extension ( which is under processing ) is changed. And, i must need extension due to health issue. Sending an update for the extension reason is acceptable or not ? or will there be any negative effects ?

Once again thank you for taking time to looking into my question.

Thanks,

Sai.

Check with the insurance company before assuming it is covered. Check on the costs and availability of the services. If you purchased "good" insurance, it should have medevac insurance which might be a better choice to get her back into her own home and normal health care providers.

Also, assistance of the attorney in properly presenting the evidence would be beneficial.

Archived