WIFE sponsoring Parents VISA, Need guidance

parag.makhija

Hi,

My Parents VISA applied last year in March, 2012 from my sponsorship got rejected with letter 214(b).

I got married in Oct 2012, and wish to reapply my parents VISA using my WIFE sponsorship.

Me and my Wife both are working on L1B Visa.

As i do not have valid VISA now, but i am on I94, due to which i wish to reapply my Parents VISA using my WIFE sponsorship (having valid VISA till July 2013).

Please provide your thoughts if this if the right approach for reapplying Parents VISA ?

Also let me know if any other details are needed for same.

Thank you..

• 2 weeks later...

Best way to get a visiting visa is self sponsoring. If your parents can't sponsor for the trip then what's the guarantee that they will go back to their country.

Thank you for your reply,

1. My younger brother (single) is working in INDIA,

2. They have good property value and business in india, their purpose of visit is just to meet us for a month or two.

3. My Grandmother is old and stays in INDIA at my home town and she also needs to be taken care of.

4. Other than me and my wife, We do not have any more relatives in USA as of now.

Do the above mentioned points are good enough for as guranntee for them to return to INDIA.

will that be good enought to justify

What has changed in THEIR lives - not yours?

You having a valid visa is not an issue as long as you have a valid I-94.

There is not much change in their lives as such. Only thing that happened post their visa rejection was my trip to india to met my parents after 2.7 years and i got married the same time.

So called sponsosrhip ( funding) is a secondary issue.

Please post the last interview in Q and A form whatever they can recall.

here are the questions. (along with Hindi Translator)

Q1. VO To father : Where does your son work.

Ans : Replied with Company Name & Client.

Q2 :VO To father : When did your son go to USA.

Ans: Replied correct month and year.(it was 2 years since i was in USA without a trip back )

Q3. VO To FATHER: Is you son married.

Ans : No (as per my status during that time.)

Q4 : VO to FATHER : How long do you wish to go USA.

Ans: 6 months (as i filled in the VISA for 6 months so i wanted them to stick with the same ans.)

Q5 : VO to MOTHER : What do you do ?

Ans : She replied HouseWife.

Further VO looked at my father and mother and gave them 234(b) form and further informed that you cannot be given VISA this time, they requested to know why, but they were not answered on that part.

Thank you for your reply,

1. My younger brother (single) is working in INDIA,

2. They have good property value and business in india, their purpose of visit is just to meet us for a month or two.

3. My Grandmother is old and stays in INDIA at my home town and she also needs to be taken care of.

4. Other than me and my wife, We do not have any more relatives in USA as of now.

Do the above mentioned points are good enough for as guranntee for them to return to INDIA.

will that be good enought to justify

They are going to US for a visit , that's a pleasure trip. Applying visiting visa just to meet you will not grant a visa. If this is the case then, you can go and visit them.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the answer "6 months" would have been the reason for rejection. As rahul412 pointed out the intention conveyed to visa officer should have been a pleasure trip for a month or two to visit places in US and along with that to visit you and not that they would be staying with you for 6 months

Guest Noah Lotte

People who claim to own/run a business (a legitimate business, that is) cannot wander off from that business for six months...now, having one or both of them reapply, now claiming they will stay only one month will have a hard time explaining this sudden 'change of plan.'

Archived