Guidance Needed: Canadian visitor visa current processing times in Los Angeles

sk.h1b

Hi All,

I need guidance on Canadian visitor visa current processing times in Los Angeles. Based on USPS tracking number, my application was received (by mail) by Los Angeles Canadian consulate on 3/22/13. I still haven't heard anything and my Money Order is not cashed yet.

How many days does it currently take for Los Angeles consulate to process visa application. If anybody has experience on this, kindly share.

Also, how many days does it take to get passport back once they cash the Money Order (I am assuming that's the time they make decision too). I have a H1b interview on 22nd April in Toronto and I am concerned about Canadian visa.

Your guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I have sent on feb28th and it reached Consulate on march 1st.

I got my passport back on march 23rd. Exactly it took 15 working days. My money order was cashed on march 20th. I have sent through USPS express mail with return envelope.

One thing is clear. If we have not sent them all required docs your package will be returned to you less than a week.

Vancouver_2013's reply is encouraging. I applied through an agent and they are the ones who said that the delay is due to an audit happening as Canadian Consulate in LA. I guess the audit must have started after March 15th. I had to go through a lot - Cancel India flight tickets, reschedule Toronto Visa appointment, cancel booked hotel there, relay my changed plans at workplace, relatives & friends in India.. Still haven't got the visa.. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to get it this week.

Hello Guys,

Today i got email from Canada Consulate for submitting my Original Passport.

I applied on March 22 and got reply from Canada Consulate today April 10

Totally 19 days ----13 working days

I applied online

Need guides if any one submitted passport by mail or courier to New York consulate

If any one submitted plz help me how to send the passport as I do not what to take any changes to doing any error contact me 614-619-3514 or you can get my email id from my profile .

mohan gandla - Thanks for sharing.

Below is text copied from Consulate website:

If your mailing address is in the USA:

• Include a self-addressed United States Postal Service/ USPS Express Mail flat rate envelope with thecorrect postage stamp affixed. Metered postage is unacceptable.
  • Keep a record of the tracking number on the USPS Express Mail label so that you can track delivery of the envelope at www.USPS.com.
  • For USPS Priority Mail envelopes, you must also attach a Delivery Confirmation form with correct postage stamp affixed. Metered postage is unacceptable. (Priority Mail envelopes do not have a tracking number.)
  • If you do not provide an acceptable return envelope, the visa office will mail your passports and original documents via regular mail with no tracking number.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I submitted my online application for a visitor visa on April 19th, haven't heard anything yet. I've set multiple emails to los-angeles-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca with no reply for more than a week now. Does anyone have a sense of how long it would potentially take to get a visitor visa? Its incredibly frustrating, I'm leaning towards canceling my US H1B stamping date in Toronto and getting it done in India.

Any ideas?

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I am in a similar situation. I sent the documents and my passport via USPS express (without signature confirmation) on Sep 11 and it  reached the LA consulate on Sep 13th. I had also enclosed an USPS express return envelope along with my application. Its been more than a month and  I still havent received anything. The return tracking number at USPS website yields NOT FOUND. I am really worried now.

Has anybody faced similar delays recently?

@ Rahul, I  am facing the same issue. Its been a more than a month and still did not get my visa.

I too posted through USPS Express mail and checking my return tracking number every day and still no update

Date Posted my application : 17th Sep 2013

Date it reached Consulate Office: 18th Sep 2013

Date they cashed the Money Order : Oct 8th 2013

Sent an email to 'los-angeles-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca'  asking for status on 23rd Oct ... the auto response says... they will respond only if there is delay in our application.

Let me know when you get your Visa.

@ Rahul, @ Krishna, I am facing the same issue. Its been a more than a month and still did not get my visa.

I too posted through USPS Express mail

Date Posted my application : 17th Sep 2013

Date it reached Consulate Office: 18th Sep 2013

Date they cashed the Money Order : Oct 8th 2013

I think there is 2 weeks delay going on......

Please let me know if you both get your visas.

Santhosh

@ kolluri85 

I got response from them only after writing a followup Email today and they told me that they will post me my passport and documents today ( 10252013) Since we are on same page.. you can also expect the same tomorrow morning. track your number today evening and see if there is any update.

You too email them as I gave above to know your status.

Thanks,

Krishna

@ Krishna,

Can you please give me the mail id of consulate? and also please provide me what details i need to mention while mailing consulate?  

Another sad thing was i dont have the return tracking number. The USPS agent kept inside the envelope without giving the tracking number....:((  

Thanks for your help.

Let me know once u get ur passport

Regards

Santhosh

@ Santosh :

When you send all the details, They will respond back with tracking number too.

So you need not worry. As you are clearly beyond the processing time they have to respond. If not send them another email on top of it.

Let me know if you need more details.

Please find the details I gave them in the email ( 'los-angeles-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca' )

Email Content :

I have applied for my tourist visa on 17th of September 2013 and the documents reached your office on 18th September 2013

And Still did not get my Visa/Passport.

It crossed the time limit that is specified on the website.

Can you please let me know my application status, And I am in urgent need of my passport and Visa.

Below are my details :

Surname: XXX

Given Name: XXXX

Passport number : X12345  

DOB – ( YYYY-MM-DD)

Application sent on :  (YYYY-MM-DD)

@ Santhosh and Rahul,

I got my visa today and went to post office to collect. Hope you guys have some information by now.

If you havent recieved it, It will be posted very soon.

All the Best.

Thanks.

Krishna

@ Krishna307,

Can you please tell me what details I need to provide for LA consulate for status of my application. Can you please provide ur mail id??

I did not get my passport yet. Can you please send me a test mail to *****************@gmail.com please, I am having some queries.

Thanks

Santhosh

Archived