Parents B2 visa rejected 3 time.. Please HELP!

pran

My parents have applied for B2 visa 3 times uptill now since 2010. Rejected all the three time. I am really dishearten. Any kind of help at his point will really be appreciated .

My dad is CA ( Chartered accountant ) , and pays really less taxes ( He invests in properties ) . All the three time we have applied he self-Sponsored himself. Plus Me and my brother ( who moved to US last year ) are here now. So we cant show any stronger ties to India except properties he owns.

Below are the scenarios of 3 interviews :

1. Nov 2010: Mumbai Consulate: Visa rejected

I think this was the reason : By mistake my dad gave a wrong answer to the question

Q: When is your daughter last came to India/

A: Instead of the original date dad mixed it with my previous date.

2. June 2011: Mumbai Consulate: Visa rejected

Q: Where is your son? Who sponsored him?

A: Doing MBA in London. Me

Q: Show me your bank and tax documents?

A: He showed the bank statements ( which had around 3-4 lakhs )

3. Feb 2013: Mumbai Consualte : Visa Rejected

Q. How much do you earn?

A. .. ..amount ( reflecting to the tax returns )

They have their 4th interview on 18 April 2013.

This time though My husband have sponsored them. We have send all the bank statements ( with $29k ), lease aggrement, joining letter, last 4 paystubs, office immigration letter along with the invitation letter.

Is there anything else my parents should do ? or we should send from here to increase their chance of approval ?

Please help , I really want my parents to visit me this summer.

Thanks,

They have their 4th interview on 18 April 2013.

This time though My husband have sponsored them. We have send all the bank statements ( with $29k ), lease aggrement, joining letter, last 4 paystubs, office immigration letter along with the invitation letter.

Is there anything else my parents should do ? or we should send from here to increase their chance of approval ?

VO doesn't care what you have in US. All he needs is does this person has strong ties back in his/her country, so that he/she will come back after some time. Your parents need to show that they have strong ties back in their country.

or give a call to murthy firm.

Good luck to your parents. My MIL (widow) got visa yesterday at mumbai consulate after 3 rejections in last 3 years. My wife is the only daugther. This time intention to come here was attending her graduation. Last 3 times it was tourist visit and spend sometime together. Not sure if that made the difference.

Ask your parents to answer confidently if one thing I can suggest which I think makes a difference and do mention you assets in india if you get a chance since those are ways to show your ties.

Thanku all.. We are going to call the Chennai Murthy Firm.. hope they are able to help over the phone ?

My parents carry all the property documents, they have 1 house, 1 shops, and 3 office in India which is owned by my Mom & Dad. But during the interview they dont even see/ ask for such documents. Is there any way we can include this in the D-160 form?

Also last 3 times, they were self sponsoring , but this time we ( my husband ) is sponsoring them.. will this make a difference...

Please reply.. I really want to c my parents soon.. . its really frustrating...

PLEASE HELP..

Guest Noah Lotte

assets are not ties because assets can be sold or withdrawn from a bank account. What matters is whether or not the VO believes two things: (1) that the applicant will depart the US when he/she says and (2) will not engage in unauthorized employment while visiting the US. Money stashed in a bank does not alleviate either of those concerns.

Guest Noah Lotte

something that people seem to either forget or never knew in the first place....no third party can 'help' or 'assist' anyone in obtaining a tourist visa...the burden of overcoming 214b rests solely with the applicant and no one else....no letter from another person, no bank account from another person, airplane tickets, title deeds to property, diplomas from famous schools or notarized letters from anyone can do anything on behalf of a tourist visa applicant qualify for said visa.....(same goes for 'promises' by third parties to 'guarantee' that the would be applicant will depart the US ' on time' (even the airlines can't do that!)...for the simple reason that no one has legal authority over a person admitted to the US as a tourist (except ICE and they aren't going to guarantee anything))...

Also last 3 times, they were self sponsoring , but this time we ( my husband ) is sponsoring them.. will this make a difference...

Please reply.. I really want to c my parents soon.. . its really frustrating...

That doesn't make any difference.

If you want to see your parents you can go and meet them, moreover you can have good time in your country. But don't say that you are missing them.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived