CIR?

tusharvk

There are hardline elements on both side

Extreme right = deport them all; break the law get punishment

extreme left = give them all citizenship today if possible

Practical problems require practical solutions and both the above extreme positions are not much useful.

That said, the 2007 reform bill's fate is all too recent to forget. Hardline elements can sabotage and things can remain in limbo for several more years.

On the other hand, there is no denying that there are 10 million+ people with uncertain future in this country. I did not even count the legal EB\FB hopefuls who are waiting in uncertain state (countless temporary work permit holders, 485 waiters, etc.)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are hardline elements on both side

Extreme right = deport them all; break the law get punishment

extreme left = give them all citizenship today if possible

how many of you or these both sides talked to them?.."the 11 mil people"

they could not care less about citizenship or fancy 2nd amendment..all they care or need is to survive the next day and feed if their family..

instead of going after imaginary WMDs and spending trillions of dollars on the otherside of the world, if USA spends few hundred millions in 'bread for work' programs in their neighbouring countries, there poor guys would not even come anywhere near the border (or cross the deadly deserts,valleys & rivers)

instead of going after imaginary WMDs and spending trillions of dollars on the otherside of the world, if USA spends few hundred millions in 'bread for work' programs in their neighbouring countries, there poor guys would not even come anywhere near the border (or cross the deadly deserts,valleys & rivers)

That's correct. The real problem is the way our politicians work, not the illegal immigration.

If they have spend the money for good cause, we won't see this problem at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This CIR is going no where. I have been in US since 2003 and I have seen similar hopes from Bush Administration. I am appalled that such political deadlock is going for a decade over this issue.

Although I wish everyone should benefit from CIR, it's not fair that the reforming of legal immigration system is being held up over other issues. Why can't they fix things that they can easily fix like streamlining the 

existing processes? Why every measure has to be held up on one issue which is politically is gonna take more time to resolve?

This CIR is going no where. I have been in US since 2003 and I have seen similar hopes from Bush Administration. I am appalled that such political deadlock is going for a decade over this issue.

Although I wish everyone should benefit from CIR, it's not fair that the reforming of legal immigration system is being held up over other issues. Why can't they fix things that they can easily fix like streamlining the 

existing processes? Why every measure has to be held up on one issue which is politically is gonna take more time to resolve?

That's for sure, house doesn't like this proposal at all. It's just a play.

Archived