CIR?

tusharvk

As to whether the exclusion of "aged out children of legal [aliens]" was intentional or an oversight, I do not think it was either as they are simply not considered "dreamers", and DACA benefits do not apply to legal aliens. With respect to comprehensive immigration reform, there was an indication a while ago that the Senate "gang of eight" was considering provisions to address this situation. We will find out in the next few days to couple weeks.

I hope this will come true.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The individual immigration 'reform' bills introduced in the House (including the re-introduction of H.R. 3012 as H.R. 633) and Senate in the 113th Congress are in reality intended to establish positions for the upcoming comprehensive immigration reform (CIR) legislative process (hearings, amendments, etc.). For example, to create a basis for an amendment. However, It should be noted that these 'reform' bills are often solely for the individual political gain of the sponsors or as a so-called "poison pill" (intended to kill CIR) versus actual reform or other genuine reason.

the "crucial" details of CIR are released

- protected legal status for illegal with no employer restrictions within six month of bill signed

-more restrictions on foreign tech workers to protect the wage rates

I suggest you read it a bit better and stop trying to see only what you seem to perceive as negatives...

- Backlog elimination for FB and EB,

- Taking dependents out of the quota,

etc. etc.

Good stuff.

I suggest you read it a bit better and stop trying to see only what you seem to perceive as negatives...

- Backlog elimination for FB and EB,

-

for legal immigrants- for every relief they have two caveats..they made the provisions so twisted- to fit for intellectual level of skilled workers..LOL..

The senate outline is available for download.

Of course taking dependents out, allowing dependents of GC to file for GC (w\o quota) is going to solve a lot of backlog.

come FY 2015, all 07 VB fiasco filers are eligible. upto 120k primaries eligible in fy2015. This should clear another component of backlog.

Only they need to allocate more staff to uscis and related agencies to process the visas fast enough.

Everyone, do yourself a favor and find online the full text outline of the (Senate's gang of eight comprehensive immigration reform) "Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act of 2013" proposal released today -- and carefully read it. It is 17 pages long, but the spacing makes it a short read.

Just remember, this is a proposed bill that has to go through and pass many, many, many (many) legislative steps, including most importantly amendments, before it becomes law -- and there are no guarantees that it will pass. It is a starting point, and not the final legislation.

Hi Joef

Where did you see backlog elimination for EB& FB. Could you pl give more details?. is there any spl treatment for Masters/phD from US ?

From summaries on the Web:

"On the employment green card categories, the bill exempts the following categories from the annual numerical limits on employment-based immigrants: derivative beneficiaries of employment-based immigrants; aliens of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics; outstanding professors and researchers; multinational executives and managers; doctoral degree holders in STEM field; and physicians who have completed the foreign residency requirements or have received a waiver."

"Under one component of this merit based system the Secretary will allocate merit-based immigrant visas beginning on October 1, 2014 for employment-based visas that have been pending for three years, family-based petitions that were filed prior to enactment and have been pending for five years, long-term alien workers and other merit based immigrant workers."

for legal immigrants- for every relief they have two caveats..they made the provisions so twisted- to fit for intellectual level of skilled workers..LOL..

And? as a skilled worker, you should be able to a) understand the rules, and b) pass them. Unless you have a faked resume and/or work for some shady consulting company, of course...

And? as a skilled worker, you should be able to a) understand the rules, and b) pass them. Unless you have a faked resume and/or work for some shady consulting company, of course...

you totally missed my point..for illegals- just one rule-no criminal record..

for legals- countless--i dont even have the patience to type them..

what a fair bill!!(sarcasm)

p.s: im not even in IT/software..

Everyone, do yourself a favor and find online the full text outline of the (Senate's gang of eight comprehensive immigration reform) "Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act of 2013" proposal released today -- and carefully read it. It is 17 pages long, but the spacing makes it a short read.

Just remember, this is a proposed bill that has to go through and pass many, many, many (many) legislative steps, including most importantly amendments, before it becomes law -- and there are no guarantees that it will pass. It is a starting point, and not the final legislation.

catx, can you reply to my post?

You seem to be MORE reasonable than anyone in this forum

you totally missed my point..for illegals- just one rule-no criminal record..

for legals- countless--i dont even have the patience to type them..

what a fair bill!!(sarcasm)

p.s: im not even in IT/software..

It does not need to be fair. It needs to be good for the country, that's all. Any group that wants relief needs to show that it would be good for the country. If you don't feel like your group got what it needed, maybe you used a wrong argument.

Does US has enough jobs for them if this bill has been passed?? Bcos that number looks very big to me.

Good point. If this bill passes the unemployment rate will be around 20%. So many more millions in the job field. Where are the jobs??

Wages will go down because of immense competition. There will be 100 resumes for each job posting, everyone with double Masters. It's gonna be like India in the 90s, Mechanical Engineers were offered Rs 3000 ($55) as monthly pay.

Someone needs to tell, how will this bill help American citizens and Permanent Residents?

If you don't feel like your group got what it needed, maybe you used a wrong argument.

/joefOh, I got it very well.

You don't want any relief for EB or anybody else...

I've been out of this mess for few years now..so I'm unbiased than anybody else..

refrain from personal references and taking self declared moral police

Good point. If this bill passes the unemployment rate will be around 20%. So many more millions in the job field. Where are the jobs??

Wages will go down because of immense competition. There will be 100 resumes for each job posting, everyone with double Masters. It's gonna be like India in the 90s, Mechanical Engineers were offered Rs 3000 ($55) as monthly pay.

Someone needs to tell, how will this bill help American citizens and Permanent Residents?

illegals- already in jobs-so no new jobs lost

legals- perm proved that no citizen is available to fill the job..

for wage rates: for new H1s, very strict rules(more than current PERM) including high wage rates..

but they lifted gates on EB1: so EB1c will be severely abused..inlieu of H1B

illegals- already in jobs-so no new jobs lost

legals- perm proved that no citizen is available to fill the job..

for wage rates: for new H1s, very strict rules(more than current PERM) including high wage rates..

but they lifted gates on EB1: so EB1c will be severely abused..inlieu of H1B

Are you kidding????? I guess you have no idea about the practical implications.

1) Do you think illegals will keep working in the same jobs after getting GC? Right now they work on hourly or contract basis if they get any. Going forward, they will be competing for all jobs.

2) Legal admission limits will be increased multiple times and dependents will not be counted. What do you think all these people will do?? Look for jobs !!!! How is this bill going to create more jobs?

3) Who would need H1Bs anymore when there are so many easy ways to get GC. Why would anyone find an H1B sponsor when he can do a 1yr Masters in hundreds of STEM areas and get GC.

Again, what does this bill do for Citizens and Permanent Residences?

<ul>

<li>The illegal immigrants will get GC, only after all those who wait already in GC queue, from the date the CIR is enacted as Law.</li>

<li>

<p>Those who qualify would gain legal status immediately, but go to the end of the line for GC. After a 10-year wait, they would then be granted green cards, followed by full citizenship.</p>

</li>

<li>

<p> </p>

<p>If the illegal immigrants will get GC in 10 years, then those who wait already in queue, will also get the GC in 10 years.</p>

</li>

</ul>

Archived