Have you ever been issued a U.S. visa?

toussp13

I filled out a DS 160 for B2 visa but just realized that I may have made a mistake in the application. I originally went to US on F1 visa and after completing my studies and OPT, I got approved for H1B visa while in US and stayed there for another year. I have been back to my home country for the past 5 years and now applying for B2 visa so that I can visit relatives in the US. In the visa application it asks if I had ever been to US and under what visa. I responded yes and put the F1 visa information. However, when filing out the application, I did not include the H1B visa information since I never got it stamped, so I assumed that it was never validated. I did plan on bringing the documents I had for both F1 and H1B to the interview. Now I am wondering if I answered the question wrong. I have already submitted application and scheduled interview. What should I do? Can I update the application and print new confirmation page to take to interview? Should I just wait to address this at interview like I had planned to do? If so, should I bring it to the visa officer’s attention upfront to clarify or wait until they ask? Thank you all for your insights.

Archived