All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dakshinabalu

Canadian can apply New TN Visa when H1B get Revoke Status due to LCA not filed by Employer, and Still Can Maintain I-140,Labor[GC]

Hi Sirs

I am Canadian Citizen worked in TN Visa in 2007,2008 then got H1B in 2008 and working in H1B last 41/2 years got my I-140 and Labor for[Green Card] Approved in Septemeber 2010, got another 3 years Extension in Dec 2011. During my Job change from Dec 2011 to Feb 2012- from one job to other , my employer did not file my LCA before starting job, after I started working a month later Immigration Officer caught my employer because of did not file LCA, later he filed LCA and approved in Feb 2012, Now last week my employer got an I-797-E notice of revoke H1B and has to respond before April 4th 2013.

My Question is am Canadian CITIZEN, my current H1B if happened to be Revoke Status because of I-797-E , can I apply new TN Visa and start working ? if I get new TN Visa and start to work, whether my I-140 and Labor for Green Card approved in September /October 2010 still be valid ? still my Green Card Priority Date which is Dec 2010 got under EB2 category still valid , and be in the queue even if I change to TN Visa either with Same H1B Employer or Different Employer? Please guide me .

Regards

dakshinabalu

I do not have a definitive answer to your question about being approved for a new visa following a revoked H-1B. (However, because the revoked H-1B visa would apparently be due to employers reasons, it may well not effect a future visa approval.)

What can say specifically with respect to a new TN visa is that the approved I-140 petition is a notable issue. A TN visa does not allow immigration (i.e. dual) intent, and an approved I-140 is a demonstration of immigration intent. Accordingly, a TN visa could well be denied for this reason.

TN status does not allow for dual intent. Therefore, a petition to change status to TN (or an application filed at the port of entry) may be denied because of a pending green card application.