Getting married to an Indian origin girl and she is a citizen of America

Alexis

I am an Indian citizen living in France and working since past 2 years. I am getting married to a US citizen and she is an Indian origin and not a relative of mine. Can you please advise me the best possible options to get married and complete the technicalities in a smoother way.

1. Can I visit US with a B1 visa...get married and adjust the status during my stay here, if so what would be my status? And what can be the turn around time? Will I be able to work during my stay in USA during the transition time?

2. Can I visit US on L1 and get married? If so how this process would work?

3. She can visit France and get married and after that can I apply for visa, n if so which visa I should apply and can I work?

4. Would advise to get marry her in India and the apply for visa?

Thanks

Entering on non-immigrant status with the intention of AOS is in violation of the regulations.

She should apply for a fiance visa for you if you fulfill the requirements.

You may never work legally in the US without proper work authorization. Unless you enter on a work visa, expect to be unemployed for a period of approximately 3 months.

Reads the USCIS website; if you and she cannot figure it out, she should consult an immigration attorney.

• 1 year later...

Hi

Im currently in India and my fiance is a US citizen. I would be going to america on fiance visa. But i came to know it takes around 3-6 months of processing time. Is there any way of making this happen little early, anything that u know of. Will the immigration lawyer make things happen earlier than the usual time. If u have any information over this, kindly share it. Thanks

Hi

Im currently in India and my fiance is a US citizen. I would be going to america on fiance visa. But i came to know it takes around 3-6 months of processing time. Is there any way of making this happen little early, anything that u know of. Will the immigration lawyer make things happen earlier than the usual time. If u have any information over this, kindly share it. Thanks

I don't think their is a way to expedite the process. You need to wait.

Archived