OPT On Bench for 1 year

rajiv460

HI,

I joined a consultant in May 2010 and I was on bench till Oct 10. In Oct went to another employer who got me a job in DEC 2010. So basically I was on bench for almost an year of my OPT with no payroll run.

Got H1b last Oct 2012. Now I am planning to do a h1 transfer to another employer. My new employer thinks I should get some exprience letters from my old employers but why would they give me saying that I was on bench.

I am just worried that this one year would come back and bite me when I am applying for my H1 transfer or Green Card.

Should I be really worried about this?? Or can I ask my old employers to give experience letters that I volunteered for them for a specific amount of time.

my guess is it would not matter about your OPT unemployment now for an H1 transfer or when applying GC...as stated by the user t75 you were employed but not paid (e.g. unpaid internship)...but its is better to get experience letters from all your employers since your OPT started as it is required during i140 stage

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Don't worry, i had a friend who went through a similar trauma, what's your email ?

Hi dream 16, i have a similar kind of situation like rajiv460. my employer is denying to provide me letter for volunteer work but i have all the emails while i was on training for the 12 moth opt period. my email is *************@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

Archived