221g Vancouver Tracker (4 & counting)

vanky_stamping

Hi Guys,

I know, people are considering Vancouver as immune to 221g, but that's not the case. There are 4 people I know (including me) who got 221g and waiting for update for about last 2 weeks. So, consider this. No doubt all of us have some consideration for the consulate for 221g, such as, employer's past records, employment history etc, but nonetheless, those are generic in consulting structure, and the petition for which the visa is being applied seemed to be straight, but still received 221g here at Vancouver, without any significant or detailed questioning.

I am hoping to start the thread so other people who got 221g in past or waiting on their 221g here at Vancouver, could share their experiences.

There is this ID on this forum -- "brutz" -- he seemed to have not heard on his 221g here at Vancouver for 65+ days. The ID "nsreddy" got refusal in a day or so. Those guys have not posted their latest update, however, so not sure, what happened to them, overall, but there are others, who waited long on 221g at Vancouver, or other, who got refused, can you please share your experience here?

Good Luck!

Dear Vanky!

I am a victim of 221g at Vancouver but my case got resolved in 10 days. Also NSREDDY's case was solved in a week. though her case showed refused it was updated back to admin process and then issued in a week . Most of the 221g's during Feb 15th to March 15th were resolved within few weeks time frame. There was only one case I saw from Jan 30th that was sent of re-consideration because the I-129 and LCA were not in line with the client address details.

Hope this helps.

Dear Vanky!

I am a victim of 221g at Vancouver but my case got resolved in 10 days. Also NSREDDY's case was solved in a week. though her case showed refused it was updated back to admin process and then issued in a week . Most of the 221g's during Feb 15th to March 15th were resolved within few weeks time frame. There was only one case I saw from Jan 30th that was sent of re-consideration because the I-129 and LCA were not in line with the client address details.

Hope this helps.

Thanks vbyr -- I know, I was reading the same on the forum i.e. 221g are getting resolved in few weeks, however, there are few others, I feel, are not updated here on the forum and was hoping to see their experiences.

Do you know, the one which was sent for re-consideration -- in that case, was it the case, that, the amendment was not done i.e. Petition (I-129) was filed with old client and LCA was at some other location (new client)? I agree, those cases are considered risky anyways.

Also, do you know, if the client have been contacted in your 221g case, or anyone else, you came across? And if so, how soon they contacted the client?

Thanks again for the input.

221g means refusal too..

How Does 221(g) Impact on Subsequent Visa Applications?

Given that 221(g) involves only a quasi-refusal (which per DOS statistics is overcome in almost 9 of every 10 cases), how should applicants approach the question "Have you ever been refused a U.S. visa?" on the DS-156 or DS-160 in subsequent visa applications?

The applicant must indicate "Yes" to this question. Regretfully, a 221(g) action – even for something as innocent as PIMS - is still formally a "refusal". 9 FAM 41.121 N2.4

• 1 year later...

I am in the same boat. l stucked in vancouver sinc dec..

Can you take your passport back while visa office process the 221? If yes, that would be great as you can then travel to India and come back to Canada when you receive email from visa office to submit your passport. Please throw some light on this.

Can you take your passport back while visa office process the 221? If yes, that would be great as you can then travel to India and come back to Canada when you receive email from visa office to submit your passport. Please throw some light on this.

Passport is your property, so you can request the vo to give back your passport.

Archived