B2 visa rejection

shanky.sh@gmail.com

Hi,

I applied for a B2 visitor visa for my father-in-law.It was rejected yesterday stating that he did not comply in providing the needed supporting documents as per law. He was asked to re-apply.

Actually, mother-in-law attended the interview separately a month back and got her visa stamped. She is in US now. Actually he was asked for a copy of her PP and visa page which he did not have handy. I did not see any info online asking to produce one's spouse's PP and visa copy.Is it a mandatory document ?

Can we re-apply immediately with these added documents. Or did the officer expect both of my in-laws to have come together jointly for a interview. My father-in-law was not in a circumstance to join her in the interview a month back. When my mother-in-law was questioned about her spouse, she told that he could not join due to some work/personal concerns.

While applying for B2 visa for parents, should we always book a group interview ? Is it mandatory ? Was there any new change of policies in the recent times that i missed ? I need your advice. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shankar S

I dont think there has been any policy changes...but logically it makes sense to attend another visa interview immediately (in case you want him soon at your place) for your FIL with the requested documents..as the VO rejected his application on those basis.

im hoping the back home ties and other financial supporting docs are good to go.

Sometimes the consulate will only grant a visa to one spouse to make sure the other spouse timely departs the US. The fact that your mother-in-law is in the US may make it more difficult for her husband to receive a visa, as the consulate may think that he will join her in the US and that neither will leave.

Archived