221G White Slip in Vancoover

kiran.crn

I had my Visa interview at Vancoover on Mar 21st.Visa Officer asked me 2 question if i had done my Master in US and If i had started my GC Process. For both the questions i had said Yes.VO took my LCA,I-129 and told me that we will respond back in 5 Weeks.

Is anyone on the same boat as me and what are the chances of my Visa Approval ?

Does any one know what the White Slip means and what kind of verification would they do ?

Thanks.

I had my Visa interview at Vancoover on Mar 21st.Visa Officer asked me 2 question if i had done my Master in US and If i had started my GC Process. For both the questions i had said Yes.VO took my LCA,I-129 and told me that we will respond back in 5 Weeks.

Does any one know what the White Slip means and what kind of verification would they do ?

Thanks.

Wow ! Give more details to understand the situation.

Did you have PIMS verification done before the interview?

what did it say on your form for PIMS verification?

What is your major in Masters?

You are FT or EVC consulting?

Which counter you ended up for the interview?

Was it your 1st H1B stamping?

Thanks.

Ok now I get it. You had posted in another post that you are student of ******* university, which is an unaccr. university and on top of it, it was terminated from SEVIS by USCIS, so I guess, you can do the calculation, why you were given 221g.

Hi All here's my background.

I am working with XXX Employer from the past 6 Years. I have applied for a GC and got my I140 Approved last year.

I am working for a Client YYY from the past 3 Years.

This is my First H1 Stamping.

I did my Masters from a University in Virginia.

I am in a EVC Structure.

I have all the required documents (Client Letter, Vendor Letter's,LCA,I129,I140,I797,Paystubs,Bank Statements and so on....)

The interview lasted just 2 min. All that the VO asked me was

1) Did you do your masters in US ?

2) Have you applied for a GC ?

3) How long have you been with the current Employer ?

4) How long have you been with the Client ?

At the end the VO just said we need to do some verification and will get back to you in 4-5 Weeks.

Has any one of you come accross my situation. Did it really take 4-5 Weeks for the Embassy to do the Verification ?

If any one is looking for an accomodation let me know. I am currently staying in at the Days Inn Hotel near by US Embassy.

I can be reached at cvcogbi@gmail.com.

Thanks.

That's unusual reply, but if they mentioned you 4-5 weeks, be prepared for it. There should not be any issue, from what you mentioned. just a wait time, you have to worry.

you should have asked politely what is the issue - PIMS or something else. Also, when did you submitted your DS-160 form? I mean, how long before your interview, you submitted your DS-160 form?

Did your employer have any immigration issue in past ?

What was your major in MS and what you work as?

I havent asked anything, as soon as the VO said we need to do some verification I wss devestated.

I did my Masters in CS and I work as BI Devoloper for the Fedral Government.

As far as i know, my Employer has no issues with the Immigration Dept.

I have submited my DS 160 at the time of the interview.

Do you know of anyone who is in the same situation as me and has come out of it successfully.

Do you guys think that I should give it a week and if i dont hear anything from them, then collect my Passport and go to India.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

I havent asked anything once the VO told me that they have to do some more verification. I have sumitted my DS 160 a day before my interview.

As far as i know i dont think my Employer has any issues with the Immigration Dept.

My Major in MS was Computer Science and i work as BI Developer for a Fedral Govt Proejct.

You should have asked the VO what the issue was, yeah I understand your situation, but we can do nothing now.

all you can do now is wait for their response and make sure that your client manager and your employer are all in Sync with you and with all the documents you submitted them. also let them know that they should expect calls from USCIS.

prepare them with the answers for what USCIS might ask.

I guess you should wait for a week and enquire about your status and depending up on the update you can collect your passport and visit India.

I havent asked anything, as soon as the VO said we need to do some verification I wss devestated.

I did my Masters in CS and I work as BI Devoloper for the Fedral Government.

As far as i know, my Employer has no issues with the Immigration Dept.

I have submited my DS 160 at the time of the interview.

Do you know of anyone who is in the same situation as me and has come out of it successfully.

Do you guys think that I should give it a week and if i dont hear anything from them, then collect my Passport and go to India.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Ok I see. You surely should have asked to VO about the issue, but it's understandable the state of mind at that time.

My guess is you should be fine. It's just a wait you have to be concerned of -- i.e. Is your client ok if you rejoin after 5 weeks etc.

Couple of things could have triggered the time, they need --

(1) Your project is with Federal Govt.

(2) You submitted the DS-160 online, at the time of Interview -- You should have submitted it online much before your interview. No one knows for sure, if it helps and if it means that, consulate gets time to review your case, beforehand, but logically, it would make sense to submit DS-160 beforehand, and obviously not at the time of the interview, at the least.

Anyways, if I were you, I would not travel out of Canada, until I hear back from the consulate. You could follow up with them in a week or so (check with your company's immigration attorney or some experienced immigration attorney about that), but from what I see, it should get approved -- just time should be your concern.

Good luck.

Hi Guys,

I got a 221g today March 23rd at Vancouver. I got a RFE at the time of H1 B petition to submit the contract between client and my Employer so they asked for the RFE document which my employer got. Mine is a EC model. I went to the consulate and submitted the documents the same day to the VO directly. They went inside and had a discussion with couple of other people. The VO came back and told me that they have to verify something and might take not more than 2 weeks. but cant guarantee anything. She kept my passport, DS160, Client Letter, I-129 Petition, I-797 Original. I am staying at Days Inn in Downtown. If anyone is in similar situation and are planning to wait in Vancouver you can contact me on my email id ***************** at yahoo co in so that we can share the accommodation if its ok.

Thanks

Thanks Hank_82 and Visa@Vancouver12.

I have not heard anything yet from the Consulate. Nor my Manager or my Employer have been contacted yet. Don't know whats going on. I was thinking to send an email to vancouverniv@state.gov and find out whats going on. Any Thoughts/Suggestions.

Thanks.

Kiran,

If you have a bachelors degree from engineering background then I believe you will be fine even if your MS degree univeristy was refused under SEVIS. There was a case dated back to Sep-2012 where this lady had a degree from Trivalley then discontinued it joined MBA at some other college completed it and worked in IT. The VO said if you have atleast a four year bachelors degree, I would have approved your visa. So based on these lines, if you have a bachelors degree you will be fine.

Hi Guys,

I have sent out an email to the Visa Consulate Office at Vancouver requesting for a status update and i have got the below response.

(Dear Sir,

We are writing this to inform you that to date, we have not received a response from your end client. At this time, we would urge you to reach out to your end client and request that they respond to the government inquiries.)

I have tried to contact my Client Manager to find out about the email, but she is currently on vacation and is not available on the phone. Even her PA has gone through her emails and could not find any relevant emails from USCIS. But i believe it might have gone to her Junk Folder and it requires a special password which the PA is not aware off. (As i work for the Federal Govt all the emails are secured and filtered.)

I hope i could reach out to her soon and hopefully she could find the email.If not, Can i request the US Consulate office to send her the Verification Email again ? Any advice/Thoughts/Suggestions.

Thanks.

Guys,

Finally My Manger sent out the email to the Visa Consulate on Friday. As the Embassy is off on Friday and Monday i sent out an email to the Visa Consulate requesting for a status update. I got an email back stating...

(

Dear Sir,

Your case is under review by the Consular Officer. Unfortunately we cannot give an accurate timeline on how long this will take. At this time we do not need any further documents from you. Should you wish to collect your passport, you may return any business day between 11:30am – Noon. (excluding US and Canadian holidays and 3rd Wednesday of every month).

We realize that these extended time periods cause frustration to many individuals, and we are sensitive to the fact that the purpose of the nonimmigrant visa program is to facilitate legitimate travel to the U.S. Nonetheless, the Consulate General in Vancouver, like all U.S. Embassies and Consulates, must adjudicate visas in accordance with the provisions of the law, and, in some cases, this involves extensive administrative processing. While we cannot predict when the processing of your visa will be completed, please be assured that the Consulate General and the State Department are aware of your concerns and will do all we can to see that the visa is adjudicated as soon as the review is complete.

)

Any Thoughts on what are they still verifying ?

Dear All,

Thanks to all my Murthy Friends who have helped me, suggested me through my Visa Interview Process.

Today i finally i got the mail from the Visa Consulate that my case has been Approved.

Thanks to one all again.Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Chandra.

Archived