Visitor Visa for parents

taxfile82

Hello All,

I am on h1-b visa and would like my parents to visit USA on a tourist visa. Few questions on the same

1. Does it matter if they take the interview in English or regional language? (My dad knows english but mom isnt very fluent) (does it increase the chances of taking the interview in regional langauge, any thoughts)

2. Dad is retired and mom is housewife. I am planning to fill "self" on DS-160 form for who will sponsor their trip (they have sufficient funds to sponsor themselves)..will it increase the chances of getting a visa? (any thoughts)

3. I am planning to send i-134 (regardless). Do I know send 1 for both my mom n dad together or two separate ones?

4. If self sponsoring, are there any specific documents to carry?

5. The documents that they need from me, should they be in original or can they be scanned copies?

Any replies is highly appreciated..

Regards

Guest Noah Lotte

an I-134 is as valuable as last week's newspaper as far as having any positive effect on the outcome of a tourist visa applicaiton...the document is NOT legally enforceable; therefore, it has no value whatsoever.

1. Regional language should be fine.

2. For my parents, I put my name under the sponsor's name. I have no experience with self sponsoring tourist visa.

3. Since I put my name as sponsor I sent 134. I sent one for both my parents. You can list 2 members on it.

4. Bank statements, FD certificates and legal documents (if any assets on their name).

5. I sent only scanned copies.

Good luck to your parents!!

Archived