Basic Questions for EB5 before hiring lawyer

hello_ramkumar

Dear Attorney or Subject Matter Experts,

I am in India right now and have a few basic questions before I start my efforts to get EB5 visas.

Que - 1- Minimum investment required under EB-5 program. I have heard $500K and $1 MM. Not sure which one is true.

Que - 2 - What are the avenues where money can be invested ? Is Engineering Unit, Motel, Liquor Store, Crafts Business Ok ?

Que - 3 - Can investment be made in government securities ?

Que - 4 - Can purchase of home is considered as investment under EB-5 program ?

Que - 5 - How much time will it take to get Immigration Visa after investment made ?

Que - 6- How many family members are eligible under EB-5 program ?

Que - 7 - To what extent investment in EB-5 is guaranteed (secured) if we meet all the criteria ?

Que - 8 - which states are eligible for EB-5 program for .5 million USD and 1 million USD respectively ?

I know i have asked many questions. Currently, I am in India and have many engineering units and making good money. I have enough capital to invest in US but want to make sure I have all the facts before I make up my mind.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ram

Ram,

Please read this article which provides a brief overview of the program:

USCIS to Improve EB5 Immigrant Investor Program

I definitely recommend consulting with an attorney if you are serious about filing an EB-5 case. The basic rules are straightforward, but there are many complexities which tend to arise during the petition/application process. If you do not yet have an attorney, you may contact one of the attorneys at the Murthy Law Firm who handles EB-5 cases by calling us at 410.356.5440 between 8:30 A.M.- 5:00 P.M. (Eastern Time) or sending an eMail to law@murthy.com.

Archived