Consulate officer asked for authorization letter to let my son travel with my Inlaws to US

Hi,

I am in United states right now along with my wife and elder son.

My younger son is in India and he is 2yrs old .

And he has never traveled to US.

Now we want to bring him to US along with my inlaws.

My FatherInlaw took my son to consulate for l2 visa interview.

The counselor officer has asked for an authorization letter from me to let my son travel with inlaws to US.My Inlaws are attending B2 Visa on monday ,so the officer has asked them to produce the letter when they come to consulate for their B2 visa Interview.

I've not sent this letter to them.now i've to send it to them.

My Question here is Do I need to notarize that autorization letter?

1. If yes do i need to do it US or in India?

2.If it is in US , how can i send the letter in this short span.

If autorization letter need not be notified, can anybody please share the sample format of it?

THanks,

h1b_aspirant

Guest Noah Lotte

When did you drop off your son in India? Why didn't you apply for an H4 or whatever derivative visa you possess earlier?....if you are using his application as a sympathetic reason for your in-laws to be granted visas, you may be unpleasantly surprised at the outcome...this particular strategy has been tried before....if your son is applying for B2, why would he go back to India?

Hi,

If It has to be legally authorized (notarized) means should it be done in USA?

And can we produce a copy of that letter instead of original as it takes time to get the original letter.

Any Attorney's help is greatly appreciated.

Please help.

Thank you,

H1B_Aspirant

Ideally notrized letters should be submitted in original. So you should try to reschedule the visa interview date of your in-laws.

But if you do not have an option, get the letter notarized and send a scanned copy .

Ideally notrized letters should be submitted in original. So you should try to reschedule the visa interview date of your in-laws.

But if you do not have an option, get the letter notarized and send a scanned copy .

Forgot to add. Since you are in US, get it notarized by a notary in US. Go to your bank and they should be able to help. Just print the letter, DO NOT sign your name; take it to notary, produce your ID (Passport or Driving License) and sign in front of notary. The notary will then sign and put a stamp

The format is simple --

We, XXX and YYY (you and your wife) , are parents of ZZZ (your son's name), DOB: mm/dd/yyyy. We have no objection to our son ZZZ travelling to US with my father in law AAA

Both you and your wife should sign this.

A scanned or other copy of a notarized letter is by definition no longer a notarized document. To be notarized it has to be the original document that has been physically witnessed and stamped by the notary public. (Most notarization stamps are embossed so they can be seen as original notarization, and as such they also do not scan nor fax well).

Archived