All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
fishaq

F2 or H4

Hello,

I am currently on F-1 visa and I've a job offer from a company who is filing for my H1B on 1st April. I will be starting with them on 1st October. I recently got married and I am planning to bring my wife here. She hasn't filed for the visa yet but now plans to file F-2 visa.

If someone can answer the following questions it would be great.

1. Can she apply for F-2 visa and come to USA after April 1st since my company will file for my H1B. Or she should try to come before 1st April?
  2. If I ask my company to file for her H4 visa, will there be any problem during approval process for my H1B along with her H4?
  3. If her visa approval is under process and my company files for H1B, will she have to re-apply for visa(H4)?
  4. What would be the best scenario to bring her here without any problem.

Thanks,

Sal

Guest Noah Lotte

Wait until you have the H1B....in order to get an F2 visa, she would have to convince the VO that she will be leaving the US after YOUR education...which apparently is NOT the case, so what could she say?

Wait until you have the H1B....in order to get an F2 visa, she would have to convince the VO that she will be leaving the US after YOUR education...which apparently is NOT the case, so what could she say?

Thank you for replying. But in that case she won't be able to come back till October?

Guest Noah Lotte

there is no chance she will be given an F2 in April, thus no chance she will arrive in the US before October...after all, what reason(s) can she provide that will be believable as to why she would just visit for a while and then return to India, since you would be (presumably) working in H1 status later in the year? Having elderly parents or a disabled sibling won't be reason enough....why? because if she could leave them for a few months, then presumably somebody else would be caring for them...and if those folks can provide care for a few months, why not a few years?

She can certainly apply. You need to have the resources to support her. She may or may not be approved. However, even if she is denied she will have had the experience at the consulate so she has a better idea of what to expect on her next appearance.

Can please help me in my scenario....

I am working on OPT extension , my wife and my kid got their F2 VISA approved. They are coming to US on April 27 2013. I am applying for my H1b on April 1st 2013 in premium processing, I hope it would get approved by April 15th as I am fullfillng all the requirements. my Question is will my wife and kid have any problem at Port of entry with their F2 visa since I already had my H1b approved. I know that my H1b start date will be from Oct 1st 2013, but still wandering.

Can please help me in my scenario....

I am working on OPT extension , my wife and my kid got their F2 VISA approved. They are coming to US on April 27 2013. I am applying for my H1b on April 1st 2013 in premium processing, I hope it would get approved by April 15th as I am fullfillng all the requirements. my Question is will my wife and kid have any problem at Port of entry with their F2 visa since I already had my H1b approved. I know that my H1b start date will be from Oct 1st 2013, but still wandering.

I am applying for my H1b on April 1st 2013 in premium processing, I hope it would get approved by April 15th as I am fulfilling all the requirements.

Note: The USCIS announced on Friday, March 15, 2013 that it will start accepting H-1B petitions for FY 2014 on April 1, 2013 and will start adjudicating (all) premium processing petitions on April 15, 2013. Accordingly, the earliest one should expect approval would be May 1, 2013. There is an official announcement on the USCIS web site.