Visitor Visa for my mother

corrynz

Hello,

Me and my brother are working, and presently on H1-B Visa. I have a three year Visa starting from last year October and my brother has a visa which expires this October, but he is planning to apply for an extension. We are planning to apply visitor’s visa(she is a single parent)for my mother, already applied a couple of times but her visa was rejected when we were on F1.Please advice, who would be better person out of the two sponsor documents for my mother.

Thanks

Guest Noah Lotte

Neither, since 'sponsorship' does not exist in the B2 (tourist) visa category....your mother must convince the VO that she will not remain in the US, nor work without permission. No doubt you and your brother told a VO that you would be returning to your country after completion of your education, but apparently did not. So anything you might write in a letter regarding her intentions will not resonate well with another VO.

Guest Noah Lotte

However, money in a bank account belonging to another person is not immediately transferrable to yet another person; the I-134 is not legally enforceable, and no government nor law enforcement agency can require that one adult pay for all expenses of another. Paystubs, etc, belonging to someone else have no bearing on the qualifications of another person. Zero. None. Whatever assets you have do not automatically belong to your mother. Your house is not her house, your car not her's either, etc. She has to qualify on her own merits, whatever they may be. It would be no different than if I called the embassy and told them...'don't worry, I'll take care of all of her expenses...'....totally nonenforceable, totally meaningless.

Archived