Apply for Younger sister's B2 Visa

Radhika_B2

Hello,

Currently I am on H4 visa. I have 2 younger sisters (both unmarried) back in India. I would like to invite my youngest sister (19 years) who is studying in 2nd year of engg. in her summer vacation. My father is retired and mother is housewife. My parents already have B2 visa and visited us couple of years ago. We are ready to sponsor the trip for my youngest sister.

1. I am just wondering what are the chances of getting her B2 visa given that she is just 19 years old?

2. For some reason, if we take a chance and she got denied, what would be the consequences in future if she would like to come to US on F1 or H1?

3. Is it worth taking a chance on B2 visa?

I would appreciate if you could provide some guidance.

Thanks a lot!

Radhika_B2

Guest Noah Lotte

overall chances are low due to her age and marital status... A refusal under 214b (likely) will or could impact her future F1 application....for the very same reason as above.

It would have zero impact on an H1 application.

Currently I am on H4 visa. I have 2 younger sisters (both unmarried) back in India. I would like to invite my youngest sister (19 years) who is studying in 2nd year of engg. in her summer vacation. My father is retired and mother is housewife. My parents already have B2 visa and visited us couple of years ago. We are ready to sponsor the trip for my youngest sister.

Not to disappoint you but their are very less chances of approval. But you can give a try.

Important thing to remember, she is dependent on the parents so its better they sponsor the trip.

Relatively few countries have "arranged" marriages.

While OP's sister can certainly apply, her chances will be affected by individuals in similar circumstances who improperly used their visa. Blame them not the USCIS if the visa is denied.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived