B2 Stay extended once, can we do it again?

mahathit

Hi,

My mom is visiting US and she has I-94 approved until May 15, 2013.

Her previous visits are as follows:

1. Jun 2010 - Mar 2011 for 9 months

2. July 2011 - August 2011 for 6 weeks

3. July 2012 - August 2012 for 1 month

4. November 2012 - May 2013 for 6 months

Now, we would like to extend her stay for 3 months.

What are her chances, also if her extension gets extended, what are her further chances of entering US?

Please suggest.

YMMV. Apply very soon and if there is no decision by May, 15 you should arrange to have her leave before May,15. If she overstays the I94 her visa is automatically nullified and she will need to apply for another visa to visit again and even though she should be able to get the new visa why subject her to the stress?

YMMV. Apply very soon and if there is no decision by May, 15 you should arrange to have her leave before May,15. If she overstays the I94 her visa is automatically nullified and she will need to apply for another visa to visit again and even though she should be able to get the new visa why subject her to the stress?

Is it so? I have personally known a few people who got their B-2 extension denied after their I-94 expiry and they were allowed to re-enter again without any problems.

Guest Noah Lotte

how often have YOU "visited" a foreign country for several months a year? Yep. Never. No bona fide tourist spend 98% of their free time in another country. And babysitting is considered work. So the OP should not be surprised if their visa gets cancelled...tourist visas are for tourism, not for living and working in the United States.

Guest Noah Lotte

Joe is correct....an overstay is triggered by the denial of an extension request, thus the visa holder could be denied entry on a future visit without recourse...better to just adhere to the privileges bestowed upon said visa holder instead of using it for other purposes....(and I doubt anyone believes that your mother has been visiting the Grand Canyon, Mt Rushmore, Yellowstone Park, etc throughout all of her lengthy stays)...

Archived