221G Vancouver on March 8th

vbyvr

All,

I attended my visa interview today at Vancouver. My appointment was at 9:30AM.

After the preliminary bag checks I was taken to the first floor where they some additional security checks and let me in. On the first floor at Counter #1 the lady took my I-797, PP , DS160 and photgraph and asked me to wait. After some 15 minutes my number was called and I was given back my documents and on DS-160 they mentioned 'No-Pims' and a case # ***/*****.

Then they took us to the 20th floor where the finger prints are done and now waited for my final interview. As expected it is at Counter#4 and the VO was a lady officer.

Me : Good Morning Mam

VO: Good Morning

VO: How long you been working for this employer?

Me : Almost six years - 5 yrs 10mnths precisely

VO: what do you do?

Me: I am a Sr. *** consultant and working on the various modules

VO: Where is your client location

Me: AA state

VO: Do you live close by

Me: No I live in BB and travel every week

VO: Isnt that hectic to travel every week

Me: It is but, I have a kid who is going to school and I have long term plans to settle in BB

VO: who is the client

ME: XXXXX

VO: Dont they have any consultants themselves to do the job?

Me: This is one of the new modules and only a handful of consultants have expertise in it.

VO: Can I see your client letter

Me: Sure

Vo: oh so you are going through a primary vendor?

Me: Yes they are just the gatekeepers

VO: Can I see your LCA, I-129?

Me: Gave them

VO: What is your highest degree

Me : MS Telecom and Info systems from the Europe

VO: Your Bachelors

Ms: From India in EEE

VO: You havent done any education in the USA?

Me: No

VO: Can I see your paychecks and W2?

Me : gave my two years of W2's and nine months pay checks

VO: glanced at my W2

All this while she was typing, talking, looking into her computer and at times looked at me thoroughly when I was answering my questions.

She took my PP, I797, LCA, I129, W2, Paychecks and client letter and said that is all I need for now and I will need some additional time to review your case and your case can be checked online. She gave me a white letter.

I asked her how long it would take and she said a few days and if you dont recieve any information by end of next week you can write to the email on the white form.

I saw Jaguar09 had a similar case few weeks ago. I am a little confused and dont really know how long it is going take. Folks- any ideas?

Please feel free to reach out to me on vbsap9@gmail.com

Regards,

V

Hi vbyvr,

Thanks for your detailed email. I have my interview for H1 in vancouver on march19th. Can you please say if your H1-petition is approved with the same client that you are working currently with. i.e your LCA on your petition is the same as the one you provided to Visa Officer during the interview.

As i've seen number of cases if there is no H1-ammendment filed, they are taking some time to validate your application. Please reply at the earliest.

Thanks,

Kishore

Kishore,

My case is intact. everything is inline. LCA, I129 all have the same work location and this is the same client on which I got my extension that is in-turn is considered as amendment. If you dont have the 1-129 with current client address then it will cause issues. Overall my paperwork is good but not sure what made them give me a 221g.

Sanpokin : I wrote the client address but petitioner and employer information as my employer. I-129 has wordings that says where do you intend to work and we normally have the client address mentioned there. But most of the people give their employer address here because after this project you will move to your employer location anyways. It is quite a dubious question but go by your senses, whichever makes you feel comfortable.

@ Rahul : this is my second h1b interview, first one was in 2007.

Hi,

I sent an email to the consulate for case status update and I received this email yesterday.

"The consular officer is now in the middle of finalizing your case. Once the visa has been issued, the passport will be shipped to Loomis.

Loomis will contact you (within the next 2-5 business days) when the passport is ready for pickup from the Loomis location you selected. "

Is this a generic message? At one point it says Middle of finalizing your case and in the next paragraph it says 2-5 business days. I am confused. My case status has been updated on CEAC site to 18th March but still shows Admin Processing.

Also, generally in Vancouver or elsewhere they will ask us to pick the passport from the consulate when a 221g is given and if they take all your I-129, W2s, Paychecks, client letter etc. In my case they took all these docs. So that adds another confusion to understand this message.

As anyone been in a similar situation before?

V

Hi,

I sent an email to the consulate for case status update and I received this email yesterday.

"The consular officer is now in the middle of finalizing your case. Once the visa has been issued, the passport will be shipped to Loomis.

Loomis will contact you (within the next 2-5 business days) when the passport is ready for pickup from the Loomis location you selected. "

Is this a generic message? At one point it says Middle of finalizing your case and in the next paragraph it says 2-5 business days. I am confused. My case status has been updated on CEAC site to 18th March but still shows Admin Processing.

Also, generally in Vancouver or elsewhere they will ask us to pick the passport from the consulate when a 221g is given and if they take all your I-129, W2s, Paychecks, client letter etc. In my case they took all these docs. So that adds another confusion to understand this message.

V

This means, your visa is approved and you should get it soon. If your passport is not submitted, do mentioned it to the consulate. But, it all looks fine and you should be good.

All,

I got my visa approved and flew back to USA on Thursday. Currently I am in the process of putting together my experience, 221g and the whole perpective of H1-B under one thread and will post it soon.

Thank You all and please feel free to reach me on **********@gmail.com

V

Can u please let us know, when did you submit your DS-160 online? I mean, how long ago, before the interview?

Hank,

I submitted it around 20th of February and my interview was on the March 8th. My close friend submitted his DS-160 just three days before his interview and got his visa approved without any hassles. So I doubt it really matters.

I see. Did you know or feel, what triggered 221g for you, if it was so clean case? Was it just the VO, giving consistently 221g to everyone? I know, people have been posting about this counter 4 lady but I see, there are many who got approved even from counter 4. What was your experience. Could you please share?

Hi,

V

Also, can you please let me know, when did you send this email? I mean, after how many days or working days from the day, you had your interview and was given 221g? It would help to understand the timeline and the response time.

Thanks,

Archived