All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dheepak

When to Start Green Card? currently 4Yrs.10 Mth in H1B Already..Please Help

All,

I am employed on H1B visa for an MNC company, in Iowa. I have used up 4 year and 10 months in my current H1B and my H1B is set to expire the full 6 years in May 2015. I am trying internally in my company to start the Greencard process for me. I hold a master degree from US and have 7 Yrs experience till now (Counting also years in India).

Could experienced members of the group please advice on when the Greencard process should start during your H1B period, to be able to extend H1B after the 6th year?? I am worried that my company does not understand the whole process and its time frame involved, so if they start my GC processing when 1.5 Yrs is left on H1B would I still be safe? please let me know.

Thanks In Advance,

DG

Generally, if everything runs smoothly and the PERM application is not audited, from the start of the process to the time the PERM application is certified is approximately seven to eight months (it may be possible to decrease this time delay but that will depend on the specific circumstances of the situation). After the PERM application is certified the I-140 can be premium processed as long as the employer has the original certified application. Therefore, it is possible to have an approved I-140 within ten to twelve months- however it requires pre-planning, efficiency and luck. Therefore, it is advisable to speak directly with a qualified attorney experienced in such matters. The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded Green Card Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Given the present state of affairs, you should have started the process in your previous birth, assuming that you are Indian born currently. Just kidding, but you get my point. If your birth place is other than India, it will take 12-15 months to get your GC assuming not hiccups like audit.

Please start it asap. Talk to an experienced lawyer like the Murthy firm and get your personal guidance on the process. That way you will be equipped when you talk to your employer and their lawyer.

If your birth place is other than India, it will take 12-15 months to get your GC assuming not hiccups like audit.

This is not correct for EB-3 regardless of the country of changeability. All EB-3 is backlogged ~6 years (68 months) or more.