Question regarding elibility for H1B Visa Interview Waiver

bluebeamer99

I would be scheduling for H1B visa stamping during my vacation in India.I would like to know if I would qualify for the interview waiver program.Below are the answers below for the checklist questions.

INTERVIEW WAIVER PROGRAM "DROP-BOX" CHECKLIST

• My previous visa was issued in India

1. My very first H1B Visa was issued in June 2009 in Hyderabad, India and I was representing employer 'ABC'
  2. Then I transferred my H1B Visa to different employer 'XYZ' and got Visa issued last year May 2012 in Vancouver, Canada.This was valid till 1-Nov-2012.Then I filed for extension and got H1B aproval till 1-NOV-2014.
  3. Now I'm planning to get H1B Visa issued on my extension with employer 'XYZ' in India.So in this case would I be qualified for the interview waiver program.

• I received my visa after November 1, 2008
  • Yes for last two stampings.
  • My prior visa is not annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”.
  • Yes
  • My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was not lost or stolen.
  • Yes
  • My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was issued on or after my 14th birthday
  • Yes
  • I have no refusals for a visa in any category after my most recent visa issuance
  • Yes
  • I have a previous U.S. visa in the same class as the visa for which I wish to renew;
  • Yes

INTERVIEW WAIVER PROGRAM CHECKLIST

• My very first H1B Visa was issued in June 2009 in Hyderabad, India and I was representing employer 'ABC'
  • Then I transferred my H1B Visa to different employer 'XYZ' and got Visa issued last year May 2012 in Vancouver, Canada.This was valid till 1-Nov-2012.Then I filed for extension and got H1B aproval till 1-NOV-2014.
  • Now I'm planning to get H1B Visa issued on my extension with employer 'XYZ' in India.So in this case would I be qualified for the interview waiver program.
    1. My very first H1B Visa was issued in June 2009 in Hyderabad, India and I was representing employer 'ABC'
    2. Then I transferred my H1B Visa to different employer 'XYZ' and got Visa issued last year May 2012 in Vancouver, Canada.This was valid till 1-Nov-2012.Then I filed for extension and got H1B aproval till 1-NOV-2014.
    3. Now I'm planning to get H1B Visa issued on my extension with employer 'XYZ' in India.So in this case would I be qualified for the interview waiver program.

• I received my visa after August 1, 2004
  • Yes for last two stampings.
  • My prior visa is not annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”.
  • Yes
  • My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was not lost or stolen.
  • Yes
  • My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was issued on or after my 14th birthday
  • Yes
  • I have no refusals for a visa in any category after my most recent visa issuance
  • Yes
  • I have a previous U.S. visa in the same class as the visa for which I wish to renew;
  • Yes

My concern is with the first question 'My previous visa was issued in India'

Can it be 'YES' for previous stamping in India with different petitioner (ABC) provided my current renewal or extension is with (XYZ) with previous stamping done in Canada with visa expiration on 1-nov-2012.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks and appreciate your help.

you are not eligible for drop box because your previous visa was in stamped in canada. Also, it has to be the same class of visa for the same petitioner. In this case, your petitioner is 'XYZ' different from 'ABC'

Can H1B get Visa Waiver? What are the criteria or eligibility? It is news to me that H1B can get Visa Waiver .. Would appreciate the complete details, if you can share ... Thanks,

• 3 years later...

My Wife's current H4 visa stamp does not have any annotation however her old expired visa (when she got the stamping for the first time her visa had went on hold) has "Clearance Received" on it. USCIS says if you say YES to the following then you are not eligible for Interview Waiver Program :

The catch here is the word "prior". Does it mean none of your previous visa's should have annotation ? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived