221 g pink at Chennai Consulate in December

blrnaveed

I found something strange today. I attended my visa int in Chennai on March 15th and was given a 221g Pink. When i check the chennai.usconsulate.gov website it shows my case status as pending process. But when i check my status on ceac website, I see the case creation date as 14th March. Did they decide that they would give me a 221G before they even interviewed me? I have a CMN by the way..

• 2 weeks later...

I found something strange today. I attended my visa int in Chennai on March 15th and was given a 221g Pink. When i check the chennai.usconsulate.gov website it shows my case status as pending process. But when i check my status on ceac website, I see the case creation date as 14th March. Did they decide that they would give me a 221G before they even interviewed me? I have a CMN by the way..

When did you do your finger printing? May be the finger printing itself triggered a 221g in your case.

Hello blr,

I gave my OFC interview 3 days before my interview. Anyhow, i think the reason it showed one day earlier is becuase the CEAC website is in EST. I had my interview 15th early morning which would be 14th for CEAC. I am guessing thats the reason for this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Attended VISA Interview today @ Chennai Consulate & was issued a Pink Sllip 221g.

Interview with VO went well but as i work for a Network Security company. VO asked me if i work on encryption/decryption ? The answer was yes.

VO said "everything looks OK" but please go to counter 31 issuing a pink slip 221g.

Person at Counter 31 asked for my Resume copy & said we will process in 4-6 weeks.

Please comment on my status? What is this situation like? What do they check with 221g Pink Slip?

sam

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived