Urgent Advice: B1 visa cancelled

niti23

My Brother has a valid 10 yr B1 visa,, He was planning to come to US for his official trip in April and thought he should also take his wife this time.. So she went for B2 interview and there the visa officer asked her why was your husband in US for 2 months last time she said he had his client meetings, training and work. On hearing the word WORK the visa officer said ur visa has been rejected and please give me your husband passport. She gave and they stamped on visa as CANCELLED.. I need to know what can he do to get the visa backed as his wife was not aware tht he was not working here there was a miscommunication or you can say confusion..Please help

If he is a big boy, jhe can post his own questions. Better still, he should talk to his attorneys. It sure seems like his family expects more than him to have a business trip if they are this involved in solving his visa problem.

As for him getting another B1, it is anyone's guess since his wife likely spoke the truth.

Guest Noah Lotte

Why would your brother's wife say he was working, unless...he was working? A two month stay is far too long for a meeting, and the euphemism 'training' has long been a subsitute for the word 'work.' It's doubtful that his credibility has miraculously been restored...because now, the VOs are going to believe that he was indeed were working, and will work again if granted a visa. No attorney on the planet can change the opinion of a VO by merely stating something like...."I can assure you (the VO) that my client was not working....."...because no VO with more than 8 minutes of interviewing experience will likely believe a single word an immigration attorney says....because...the attorney is only interested in obtaining something for his/her client, irrespective of the facts.

Because so many people from India have abused B1 or B2 visas over the years, VOs have become leery of those who claim they will travel for two weeks, stay 2-4 months, then claim they were attending amazingly lengthy meetings and/or engaged in the ever popular 'knowledge transfer.'

Archived