h1 stamping @vancouver March 26th- help needed

sumatalla

Hello everyone,

I have a h1 visa appointment at vancouver on march 26'th. This is my 1'st stamping interview. i have few questions worrying me. please help..!

I came to US in 2006, did my MS and started working form April 2008 on my H1. i never changed my employer. 2008-present same employer.. i filed my extension in 2011 and its approved till Dec 2013. I never been to india and never went for h1 stamping. now i am on H1 extension.

1) As i am on H1 extension(i nvr went fr stamping in my 1st h1) and this is the 1st time stamping, does it effect my approval ..?

2) I did my MS in electronics, and working in IT.. how should i ans if VO asks why are you working in IT (different field)

3) I joined for new client on feb 18'th(this month)..today i filed for amendment..it might take 1-2 weeks to approve.. does it effect the PIMS verification if its approved just 15days prior to visa date..?

4) I might not get a client letter(on client's letterhead) but my manager is willing to provide client email and letter with signature(not on letterhead).. does it help..?

Please help me by answering my questions....!!

Thanks in advance,

Suma

Hey,

1) As i am on H1 extension(i nvr went fr stamping in my 1st h1) and this is the 1st time stamping, does it effect my approval ..?

No, it does not affect your approval.

2) I did my MS in electronics, and working in IT.. how should i ans if VO asks why are you working in IT (different field)

Even in electronics in B.tech or B.E. you will have some computer subjects. Tell him that and also tell that your employer has given you traning for your present platform that you are working on.

3) I joined for new client on feb 18'th(this month)..today i filed for amendment..it might take 1-2 weeks to approve.. does it effect the PIMS verification if its approved just 15days prior to visa date..?

It should not affect your PIMS verification.

4) I might not get a client letter(on client's letterhead) but my manager is willing to provide client email and letter with signature(not on letterhead).. does it help..?

That is fine, as long as you have something in writing from client.

All the best.

Suma,

I understand your concerns and most of us relate with you and a visa stamping is always a hassle. But your questions are normal and I personally dont see any issues with them. You should be totally fine.

a. Most of the applicants as I read are first time H1B visa stampers only. So this question shouldnt bother you much.

2) I did my MS in electronics, and working in IT.. how should i ans if VO asks why are you working in IT (different field).

B. As someone said in the last few days on this forum, you could say that you have done some courses in Computers and your employer too gave you the required training required to do the job. Also you could say that your thesis was on the lines of Computer programming. I am from a electronics background too and I did my thesis in using Java . And also unlike other Majors( civil etc) Electronics can be related better with CS.

PIMS should not impact you once your amendment is approved. In worst case scenario they may hold you for few more days before a decision is made, but they will definitely mention that it is related to PIMS verification. Atleast this is the trend I saw on this forum when someone got stopped due to PIMS.

4. http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Please read this link. It is not absolute mandatory to have a client letter as long as you can prove you are working and that your employer controls you. I guess your manager email, org chart, signed letter, and some email work proof should do good! There are fair changes of approval with this information and may be Vancouver is a good place.

Again these are advises suggestions and should always be taken with a pinch of salt, as you know your personal situation better than anyone else.

Hope this helps.

Good luck,

V

Archived