GC Prevailing wage determination Time duration

suresh21

http://icert.doleta.gov/

You can check the GENERAL processing times on this website. The times are not guaranteed. It can take months or weeks. Mine was issued in exactly 6 weeks. Murthy atty had suggested it takes 6-8 weeks, but longer (and shorter) times are possible as well. Below is the snapshot from March 7

NPWC Processing Times (as of 02/11/2013)

Processing Queue Request Date Status* H-1B January Current H-2B January Current PERM January Current Submission Date Redeterminations January Current Center Director Reviews January Current

*Current: PWDs: H-1B 60 days, H-2B 30 days, PERM 60 days. Redeterminations and Center Director Reviews: H-1B 60 days, H-2B 30 days, PERM 60 days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Doea anybody have an idea WHY it would take that long? In my simple mind that determination cannot be much more than somebody pulling up the respective table and figuring how the proposed salary measures up to the standard. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes, particularly for fairly common jobs. I mean, it took me a few minutes of googling to find out what the average salary for my future colleagues is before I showed up to the interview...

• 8 months later...

Doea anybody have an idea WHY it would take that long? In my simple mind that determination cannot be much more than somebody pulling up the respective table and figuring how the proposed salary measures up to the standard. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes, particularly for fairly common jobs. I mean, it took me a few minutes of googling to find out what the average salary for my future colleagues is before I showed up to the interview...

It's backlog that creates the queue, not the amount of the work required.  

Archived