H1B consultant asking for more money

freedom82

Hi, I am currently in L1. I had applied for an H1 in premium through a consultant and got it approved without a change in status. I had paid $1250 for the premium processing. However now I have decided to continue with current employer and not to switch to H1. However the H1 consultant is now asking me $6000 since I did not join and he did premium processing on my behalf. Is this valid? Do I need to pay him $6000. Please let me know at the earliest,

Hi, I am currently in L1. I had applied for an H1 in premium through a consultant and got it approved without a change in status. I had paid $1250 for the premium processing. However now I have decided to continue with current employer and not to switch to H1. However the H1 consultant is now asking me $6000 since I did not join and he did premium processing on my behalf. Is this valid? Do I need to pay him $6000. Please let me know at the earliest,

No that's completely ILLEGAL. You are not suppose to pay your H1 processing fee.

I suggest you to file a complaint against that FRAUD employer so that he won't do it again. We need to get ride of these employers from US.

Thanks for your response .. The employer is asking me the attorney fees since I did not join him. Can you please confirm that I need not reimburse him that amount as well and can he take legal option against me.

If you didn't signed any type of agreement then you are good to go. In case you did it, find some good attorney to review it.

In order to take legal action you need a proof. If you have the emails where that employer mentioned to pay the fee then you can use them as proof or try to get some proof against him.

Archived