221g issued at Mumbai consulate for h1b restamping

shaileshrl

Hi Folks,

I recently got issued 221g (blue slip) for h1b stamping, this would be my 6 th visit to US. I am in my 6th year of h1b. with petition valid upto 2nd May 2013. I had no plans to visit india this year before may, But my father passed away in jan last week. So had to make this trip. My visa had already expired on 12th July 2012.

I was given 221g mainly for reason as I was not carrying client letter. My client is a big investment bank in NYC, who does not issue client letters. So instead i took a email response from my client manager saying company does not allow to issue client letters. the VO was not satisfied with that email and said he needs to see some letter from client saying I am required in that project. so bring client letter.

I work for a pretty big stafffing company who provides software developers to all major wall street banks. it is a direct vendor to lot of these clients.

I am told to bring these following docs at document dropbox :

1. A letter(on letterhead) from the personnel department at the US job site stating that there is vacancy for you

2. A letter(on letterhead) from the personnel department detailing job description and duties including a organizational chart

3. A letter from the client sponsoring the project and a copy of the contract between the US based petitioner and the client company,

stating the terms, timings and agreement for your project.

My questions: I do not understand which company is being referred to in point 1 (client or my company).

for 3rd point, my company is going to arrange for client letter. however there is no direct contract between my company and client. there is one payroll management company which does contract management for all contractors for that client. so my company has contract with this middle company. my question is do i need to also get the contract between client and this company? or just the contract between my company and middle company would do?

I have most of the other documents covered. Also i am worried will I be able to get a visa before my petition expires in may. I have approved PERM labor and my I140 is already filed. i will get approval within couple of weeks. So i think i should be eligible for 3 year extension.

Please share if anyone has been into similar situation and any timelines. Does consulate expedite process if they see petition is going to expire soon?

Thanks in advance

~shailesh

Pt 1 refers to the client.

You would need to show evidence to prove this chain - EVC model. Client letter, if you get letter from this middle company and employer's letter. Contract between your employer and middle company will suffice as long as you get all other letters. This will create the chain.

Hope for the best. Do not delay from your side.

No, they won't expedite.

Please read my experience here - http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/52866-h-1b-visa-interview-at-toronto-admin-processing-and-successful-visa-stamping/

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your response - itsmeusa.

I did finally get all the relevant letters, client letter, vendor letter, vendor agreement with client, vendor agreement with my employer etc.

I got letter from my employer HR dept specifying my job duties role, location etc. I was able to submit my docs on 25th march 2013.

Do you have any guesses how much time would it take for them to respond back? i am assuming between 2-3 weeks. fingers crossed.

the most worrying aspect of this is that my petition expires on 2nd may 2013. So i NEED to be back in US atleast a week before that. As I have approved I-140 from current employer and need to apply for h1 extension based on that.

Please shed some light on this.

Thanks,

~shailesh

• 4 months later...

Archived