Confusion about Visa Stamping with Emp A and Emp B

arun_prs

Hello Experts,

People might have asked this question previously several times but still there is lot of confusion among this topic outside. Here is the question I have for which I get mixed answers

1.I recently got H1B visa stamping from Employer A (EV model). But now I am transfering to a Employer B (Direct Client). Do I get stamping again if I have to out of the country and re enter.

2. If I don't have to go for stamping for my new Employer B and can re enter the country with previous Visa stamping, how does it work for my spouse visa H4 ( This is going to be first time for her for visa)

Hello Experts,

People might have asked this question previously several times but still there is lot of confusion among this topic outside. Here is the question I have for which I get mixed answers

1.I recently got H1B visa stamping from Employer A (EV model). But now I am transfering to a Employer B (Direct Client). Do I get stamping again if I have to out of the country and re enter.

2. If I don't have to go for stamping for my new Employer B and can re enter the country with previous Visa stamping, how does it work for my spouse visa H4 ( This is going to be first time for her for visa)

Your employer A visa is valid until the expiry date even if you transfer H1b to employer B.

I am also in the same boat. But little different than your case. I have two valid I-797's till 2015. I went for stamping with A, visa approved, came to US. But after two and half month employer A cancelled my H1b due to some issue.

My questions are

1) Employer A visa is valid till 2015 after H1b cancellation?

2) To get status, can i go out of the country and come back with employer A visa and employer B I-797?

1. No, your first H-1B visa would help you to re-enter, but you may need to present H-1B approval notice (employer B) at the POE.

2. Same like yours. H4 is anyway derivative of H-1B visa. If she has H4 stamped, then she could re-enter too.

@Itsmeusa,

"No, your first H-1B visa would help you to re-enter, but you may need to present H-1B approval notice (employer B) at the POE"

The above reply also to me? In my case employer A cancelled my H1b petition, so visa is still valid?

Can i go out of the country and come back with employer A visa by showing employer B petition at POE for getting new I-94 or do i need to go for stamping with employer B petition?

• 1 month later...

My previous Employer has revoked my H1B. I am currently working for my new employer with whom I got my H1B approved recently. My question is if my Previous employer revoked my H1B before my new H1B transfer approval, do I have go for stamping once I step out of the country ?

Archived