Parents visitor visa interview issue at consulate - Please help

visaapplication2013

Hi,

I need some help about parents visa situation.

I filled out DS 160 in Dec 2012. I took appointment for them in first week of Feb 2013 in local language.

Both, my father and mother, had OFC appointment at Mumbai on Feb 13. Next day (Feb 14) they had interview appointment at consulate.

Everything went smooth on Feb 13. They had finger printing and digital photo done and everything was given back per process (stamp, signature, etc.)

Next day they went to consulate and cleared security check, then they were waiting in common area (before token is given) and their name called (not sure how they knew without token that my parents came inside) and asked to come to one window.

They went inside (where are windows are there and people slowly move in line to get token and waiting area) and as a part of process they were stopped by some guy and politely told that their names were annonced and so guy let them in.

They went to the window (without token) and the person told them that they need to re-submit the form. He did not say anything more. My father asked about which form and where. Person told him that go to trade center (OFC).

My father specifically asked about which form, but person answered vaguely and did not give anything in written. On asking about fees, he did say, you do not need to repay anything. Current fees will work.

My parents came out and rushed to trade center (OFC) and tried to go inside to inquire. They were stopped and my father explained what happened at consulate. The OFC person took documents and asked them to wait outside.

He came back with answer that everything is fine and go back to consulate.

They came back to consulate and joined line. This time, they cleared security and slowly moved to the window where everyone gets token. At that window, person took their passport and told them to wait in the area.

After sometime, announcement made and they were asked to come to specific window. They went there and same guy greeted them. He again told that you have to re-submit form and take appointment (now) some other day since it is now late for today.

Same day (Feb 14) this happened to some other people as well (since my parents heard such announcement for other people's name as well at same time).

I am not sure what happened between OFC appointment and consulate appointment that made consulate person asked them to re-submit some form (nobody knows which form). OFC people did not say anything during fingerprinting and .

Can anyone please share their experience like this and solution? I did call the call center number and they said they are a contracting agency and do not know what was the issue.

They did say that after 24 hours, system will update appointment as no show and then we can reschedule appointment, but yet nothing happened about no show.

I will email them but not sure if I get anything.

Along with my parents, I am also disappointed for such treatment and vague answers. Please help.

Appreciate for help in advance.

Archived