ReApplying Visitor Visa for Parents ...DS 160 Tips please?

Mtz

Hi,

I'm applying for My parents visitor visa 2nd time. First time it was rejected, no specific reason for given. VO said " This is not right time" reapply next time. Questions asked were :

1. What you do? - Ans: Mentioned about the current job.

2 How long you will stay ? - Ans :6 months (As I filled in Ds160 )

That's all.

I had filled DS 160 for my parents. I thought that mentioning 6 months of stay was the problem. I filled in 6 month because that was the max period they can stay.

Now I'm filling DS 160 again and concerned about this question. Does this impact the decision for approval or rejection? Anybody has any experience or tips on it ? Also Tips on Filling DS 160 please?

Thanks.

MM.

They should reply the actual length of time they intend to visit. Remember that their application will be viewed with US norms. A person with a full time job or a small business owner is not likely to be able to take a 6 month vacation while someone who is retired could. The first could be seen as intending to work illegally or to be looking for a job in the US to replace the income lost. Someone who is retired should have the resources to spend in a higher cost of living country.

A visit visa is not a right guaranteed to anyone. If they get it fine, if they don't, that is also fine.

Thanks for the reply.

Another question regarding DS 160 - Last time when my parents visa was refused they were told that by VO that " This is not the right time, you can apply again later" and a letter was given stating same. There was no reason code like 22...on it. What should I fill in for Reason for refusal on the form ?

Should I Just mentioned that "Visa Refused - during invterview" or Do I need to elaborate on it?

Thanks,

MM

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Noah Lotte

they were refused under 214b....and no one with any real job can take a 'vacation' for six months....changing the proposed visit time will only speed up their next interview (but not in the direction you hope)

Archived