H1-B denied, What options are available

secsamson

Hi ,

I'm currently on H4 Visa & staying in US for last 4 years. I applied for H1-B (2013) last year through a consulting company, it went to RFE & now its denied. (I'm waiting to receive the denial decision explanation from the consulting company )

Will I get an exemption for the H1B cap 2014?

Is it possible to transfer the existing petition to another employer? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Will it be good idea to apply for MTR?

What option do i have now?

Thanks,

Samson

=> You are counted exempted only if you have approved H1b.

Is it possible to transfer the existing petition to another employer? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

=> To transfer you should have at least one approved H1b.

=> Depends on the reason on the denial, ask to your employer/ attorney.

=> I hope you are still on legal H4 status. Find a better employer or think about other visa status.

Since the H1 was not approved, you have NOT been counted for the quota.

An employer can file a new H1 for you from April 1 on, for a start date of October 1.

And I suggest you avoid consulting companies... As you found out, it is hard to get an H1 through a consulting company nowadays.

• NO

• NO

• Depends on the reason for denial, if you think it was denied in an error, than YES

• If MTR fails then file another H1 petition, this time making sure the denial reason last time around is corrected.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived